11│EYE FOR AN EYE

Start from the beginning

Rachel cut him off dryly. "No, I'm sorry, we're all out of those. Anybody else?"

Chandler pouted. "Okay."

"Did I, uh, did I miss something?" Roger, Phoebe's boyfriend and also a shrink, furrowed his brows.

"No, she's still upset because I saw her boobies," Chandler explained which made Rachel cross her arms angrily.

"You what?" Ross' eyes widened as his head snapped towards his friend, 'Wh-what were you doing seeing her boobies?"

Chandler rolled his eyes. "It was an accident. Not like I was across the street with a telescope and a box of donuts."

"Okay, okay, could we change the subject, please?" Rachel sighed as she tried to steer away from the topic before they could go into any more detail about her breasts.

"Yeah, 'cause hello, these are not her boobies, these are her breasts," Phoebe pointed to Rachel's chest which had Veronica shoving her face into Chandler's shoulder to keep from laughing too loud.

"Okay, Pheebs, I was hoping for more of a change."

"Y'know, I don't know why you're so embarrassed, they were very nice boobies," Chandler shrugged.

"Nice?" Rachel scoffed, "They were nice. I mean, that's it? I mean, mittens are nice."

"That's not something you say when you want to change the topic," Veronica laughed.

"Okay. Rock, hard place, me," Chandler gestured with a huff as Veronica patted his head comfortingly.

"You're so funny! He's really funny!" Roger burst out laughing before he cleared his throat, "I wouldn't wanna be there when the laughter stops."

Chandler's head snapped towards him. "Whoah whoah, back up there, Sparky. What'd you mean by that?"

"Oh, just seems as though that maybe you have intimacy issues. Y'know, that you use your humor as a way of keeping people at a distance," Roger shrugged as if he'd just told them about the weather.

"Huh," Chandler scoffed dryly as the friends all looked away awkwardly. Veronica patted his knee and gave him a small smile.

"I mean hey! I just met you, I don't know you from Adam," If only Roger stopped talking there, "Only child, right? Parents divorced before you hit puberty."

Chandler's eyes widened. "Uh-huh, how did you know that?"

"It's textbook."

Before anyone could say anything else Joey thankfully interrupted the awkward conversation.

"Hey, you guys. You all know my dad, right?" He smiled as he led his father towards them.

"Hey!"

"Hey, Mr. Trib!"

Veronica smiled when Mr. Tribbiani ruffled her hair as he came to a stop behind the couch. The last time he came to visit he spent most of his time with her and Joey. She loved spending time with them, they'd taken her all around New York's finest sandwich shops.

"Hey, how long are you in the city?" Monica asked as the friends turned to look at the man with smiles.

"Just for a couple days. I got a job in midtown. I figure I'm better off staying with the kid than hauling my ass back and forth on the ferry," He paused when he saw Roger, "I don't know this one."

"Oh, this is my friend Roger," Phoebe smiled as she played with his hair.

"Hey. Good to meet you, Roger," Mr. Tribbiani smiled at him.