Epilogue

I caught the very next red eye flight across the country back to Oregon. I had nothing other than my phone and my credit card with me, but I didn't care. I didn't even know where I going once I got there; all I knew was that I had to get there.

And it was the longest 5 damn hours of my life.

I broke down in tears the second I saw him laying in the hospital bed with the oxygen running to his nose and IVs hanging out of his arm. Only Mrs. Todd and Ruth were there. Nicole couldn't come up yet from California and it was killing her, but there really wasn't anything she could do.

There was nothing any of us could do really except be there to hold his hand and that's what he needed most: to know somebody was by his side.

The moment he realized I was here was a very emotional time for the both of us. I couldn't stop apologizing for ever giving up on us and for being just like my brother. Aside from repeating how much he loved me and was glad I could come, he took special notice of my dress and found it hilarious how I didn't even take an extra 10 minutes to change before I jumped on the flight here.

I proceeded to fill him in all about my time in New York so far and about my double job and even about Connor and Paige. I figured he should know, but I didn't go into too much detail. He was very forgiving and for that I am super grateful. I just wanted to hug and kiss him and take away all his pain.

He had awful third degree burns all over his body and he had smoke and ash in his lungs. He was off duty just minding his own business when he noticed intense smoke coming from his neighbor's house. Something in the attic had blown a fuse and started a fire.

He didn't have any of his suits at his house, but he ran over there anyways to help get the family out. The grandma was the hardest because he basically had to carry her down the stairs with the fire basically pushing him along. That's why his back and arms are so bad.

And the family cat was stuck hiding inside. The little girl kept screaming for the cat and refusing to let it go so Blake went back into flaming house to try to retrieve the damn cat. The cat still ended up dying because of smoke in its lungs, but at least the girl had some peace of mind knowing that they tried. Sure, save your cat; never mind the life you put on the line to rescue it.

But Blake's okay now... well recovering well at least. Christmas was spent in the hospital with him, but that's okay. I'd rather be in the hospital with him than not here at all. He did come home before the New Year and the nurses taught us how to properly care for his wounds.

I took the most care of him because Mrs. Todd and Ruth had to go back to work, but this time was good for Blake and I to spend together and mend what was broken between us.

Randy was extremely understanding about my need for some time off from work and promised that everything will still be ready for me when I'm able to come back.

A lot has changed in me since I moved to New York. I have made some mistakes, lost some friends, made new ones, and grown a whole lot. I'm happy to say that I am in a much better place now as far as my mental and emotional health goes. I have once again found something worth living for and someone I look forward to waking up every morning to.

He is my rock, my best friend, my everything. Eventually we will have to get back to the real world, but this time I'm not letting him stay behind. Blake will move to New York with me because it is a good place for both of our jobs.

But in the mean time, we flip through the channels on TV looking for a movie to watch in our mismatched pajamas with loads of blankets and junk food... just like old times... and every time still to come.

A/N:

Ahhh! It's over :'( but yay Make!!! I've been team Make all along. It just goes to show how we don't know what we have until it's gone and sometimes the people who we are meant to be with are the ones who have been there all along. Hope you all have enjoyed. I love you all so much!

Stay beautiful and never lose sight of the Jewels in your life.

All the love,

Bri xx