Chapter 4:Promises Don't Last Forever

****************************************

(.Chapter 4.)

(.Dylan’s POV.)

As I walked onto the stage, the nervous feeling that had been lying heavily at the bottom of my stomach disappeared. It started to feel natural. I just had to make sure I didn’t trip in these damn shoes. I strutted, like I was on the catwalk, across the platform to the microphone stand. The audience were amazingly loud. Shouting, screaming and even wolf whistling. I waited for silence before continuing.

“And the nominess for the 2012 Best Look Award are.... Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Rita Ora and Kanye West.” 

Then room went deadly silent in anticiption. Even though it was the first award it was pretty tense. 

I lifted the top flap of the golden envelope gently. The card inside slipped out easily and I turned it around in my palm. The name of the wiinner was perfectly etched in with elegant handwriting. Here goes.

“The winner is... Taylor Swift.”

The crowd applauded as she made her way from the sets to the stage to collect her award. I had always loved Taylor’s style. She wore really nice stuff. Her music was good too. My favorite of hers was you belong to me. The video was so funny.

When she reached me, I quickly hugged her and congratulated her before scuttling in the wings behind stage.

Right, what was the table Niall told me to go to? 35 or 34, wasn’t it?

I began on my trek through the tiresomely long corridors, trying to find my way from the back to the front of the arena. I had never been that great with directions. Even living in the English countrysiide as a child, I would often get lost in forests and grass fields, Dylan just equals clumsy and lack of awareness.

After asking for directions a couple of time, I actually made it out.

Even though Niall wasn’t tall, I could see him through the sea of people. Pushing and barging through, I reached a table with 4 boys stood around. One being Niall of course. The other biys seemed to be deep in conversation so I shuffled to Niall, who as eating food yet again, and whispered in his ear.

“Didn’t I tell you I would come.” His head snapped round just as I moved back into a straight position.

“Hello again. You best meet the boys. Since I told them I had meet you earlier, they have been dying to meet you.” I glanced up from Niall’s eyes to the boys. They seemed to be fighting about who would speak to me first.

“Yeah. I’m first. Hello, my little carrott princess. The name’s Louis.” I burst out laughing at the nickname he had gave me. Louis was definitely a jokester then. He had a messy mop of brown hair, light sea green eyes and a one million watt smile.

“Hi there.”

“Stop hogging her Lou.” A boy with a very strong Yorkshire accent piopped up behind Louis, then pushes him out of the way. The first thing that I noticed about him was the platinum blonde streak running up hiis fringe. It majorly stood out against the rest of his black hair. His eyes where a soft chocolate brown. He is what some girls would call tall, dark and handsome.

“Vas happenin? I’m Zayn.” He took my hand in his, shaking it vigorously.

I smiled widely at him.

“Boys don’t push and shove. I don’t think i have ever seen you so excited about seeing a girl.”

The comment made me blush red. Really tomato-y red.

“I’m Liam.” He smiled gently at me.

“Party pooper.” Louiis shouted from where he had sat down. He was sulking with his hands crossed across his chest. Aww. Didn’t he look sweet.

“I need to go now. I told Caleb I would come back to the table once I had meet you.”

“NO.” The boys shouted almost leaping over to me.

“We mean just wait. Harry hasn’t met you yet.” Liam explained.

“Harry? Harry, who?”

“Harry, Harry Styles, Hazza, the Hazzster....” Niall started telling me all lots of names, but only one stuck in my head.

Harry Styles.

That boy that broke my heart.

Stole it.

Ripped it out.

Stamped on it.

Then dumped it.

My first and only love.

It couldn’t be him. I vowed to myself that I would make it impossible to ever see him again.

“And you must be Dylan.” A husky, suave voice breathed into my ear. Tingles ran down my back as I tensed up. I could recognize that Cheshire accent from anywhere. My Harry. I gaze up at him, taking in the features that I had grown accustom to in childhood. 

Deep, mesmerising emerald orbs. The type you can look into and instantly get lost. Soul searching eyes. I could feel my cooncentration and focus straight on him. The famous brown, fluffy curls that girls dream to touch and boys freamed for. The cheeky dimples were to die for.

I glared angrily at him, backing away quickly. Like he would remember me. I was a distant memory to him.

“Don’t even talk to me.” I muttered back. I could see that he had heard me because his eyes widened. 

Turning hurriedly to the rest of the boys, I smiled ever so slightly.

“It was nice meeting you, but I have to go. Something has come up.” I glanced over at Harry as I spoke. His eyebrows were furrowed and he scowled as if he was annoyed with himself.

Without looking back, I calmy shuffled away. I tried to hold the tears in, at least till I got to a place that was private. Alone.

The only thing I could think of doing was to call Caleb. I needed my best friend. He would understand everything.