severed longing. | prologue.

hello, it is I, your faithful author, Dog. this story is actually inspired by Nikkou-Chan_'s story, Longer Days. Please read it! Its amazing but it literally broke my heart.

.:【∘🌿∘】:.

6:32 am
kenma sat, silent.
it wasn't true.
it couldn't of been!
hinata wouldn't of ever...taken his own...life...
right?
he had everyone right next to him, he had friends, rivals- everything.
he couldn't of have. He just- he couldn't of.

but there kenma sat, in disbelief. The conversation between the boy's mother and him was truly horrifying.

sho?...why haven't you responded to me yet? the first message read. All week kenma had been trying to get a hold of the sunshine crow.

hello, Kozume-san. This is shōyō's mother. I regret to inform you, that Shōyō has taken his own life. I'm so, so very sorry. Kenma hated it. He hated every minute he sat there, thinking his- his shōyō was gone.

excuse me...? what? this...this must be some sick joke, right? Kenma had frantically typed, shaking.

No. Again, I am so, so very sorry, Kozume-san... The message popped up quickly. Kenma couldn't believe what he was seeing, what he was reading. He really did take his own life.

there the two-toned cat sat, his legs stained with his own tears, dangling off the tall bed. Nobody would care if he skipped today, right? He lived on his own. Nobody would notice.

the setter gulped, climbing back into bed, hugging the stuffed animal given to him by his very best friend. It couldn't of been real, right? Everyone was lying. This was a nightmare.

before he knew it, tears were once again drawing lines down his red cheeks. He knew it wasn't a lie. He knew that this wasn't some crazy nightmare, that it was all just a joke.

kenma slept. He slept and slept and slept and slept. Not once did he get out of bed. He didn't want to eat, he didn't need water, nothing. He just...slept.

.:【∘🌿∘】:.

1:03 am
It was around one am the next day by the time Kenma had finally gotten up, groggy and exhausted. His mood strayed from emotionless to despair, somewhere in-between.

something piqued his interest, though. His apartment sat, quiet. He lived alone; his parents not wanting to move him around every other week, yet, everything felt...energetic. As if someone else was there.

looking around, something caught his eye. On his balcony sat a shadowed figure against the bright moonlight. Unruly hair, sleek features, baggy clothes.

looking at it closer, the figure was small, and sitting on the railing. But what perplexed him, were the wing-shaped silhouettes and feathery texture the hair took.

opening the balcony door, the figure turned around. "This is my...imagination..." Kenma covered his mouth, his eyes wide.

"Kenma...?" the figure asked, swinging their feet around the banister. It was clear now. It was Hinata...

.:【∘🌿∘】:.

well that made me feel something-
ahhahaha but it wasn't something fun
but like I said, go check out longer days, and support the creator! Its honestly a really good story :))
522 words
edited