CHAPTER 13! AGRESSIVE NEGOTIATIONS!

Start from the beginning

He answered with a gruff, What? I'm very busy right now! Only to retract that statement when the image of Governor Hazel appeared before him.
Sir. She said, with the bare modicum of respect in her voice.
My Boys, and Girls in blue are preparing to hit those bastards where it hurts. They just need the go ahead from you to release the national gaurd to give em some backup.
Or rather what we can spare.

Do it. The President said. Send your forces in. Anyone you can.
Yes Sir Mr. President. She replied.

The Holonet faded at that moment

And an aide stuck his head through the door. Mr. President, he said.

Yes? He answered.

The Pentagon reports that Colonel Sanders reported in that he has the nukes deactivation codes.
He transmitted them just now.
He also said that he intends to take the fight to his former boss.
Do you have the codes?, President Rubin asked.
Yes Sir. The aide replied.
He handed a pad over.

After a curtsy glance at it. The President breathed a sigh of relief.

Very good. Keep me posted.
I want to know everything that happens.
Yes Sir. Came the usual response when the President wanted something he deemed nessessary.

Meanwhile,

Sam Wattkins rode in the back of his Stretch Limousine at the very rear of his convoy. The New World Trade Center drew ever closer with each passing moment.

He suddenly found himself wishing Amber was here with him right now, to experience his moment of triumph.
But he sighed and leaned back in his seat and swirled his drink of choice, Bourbon. Neat.
She'll have heard about what he was about to do eventually.
And that would be allright with him.
He planned upon seizing control of the United States's Capital City to eventually expand his control.
He took a quick swig of his Bourbon and savoured the taste in his mouth.
The New World Trade Center loomed up ahead.
Ever since it's rebuilding in the late 20th Century the massive tower complex had undergone more than it's fair share of facelifts.
None of that mattered now.
Especially not with what he had in mind for using the tower for anyway.

First the United States, he murmured quietly to himself.
Then, the world.
The world would have no choice but to yeild to his rule. What with the United States having more than enough nukes to end the world 1000 times over.

Even Russia had eventually dismantled all of it's nukes, partially because it's 7th President Vasil Vorshevskey who served as President way back in 2234, he'd thus seen them as little more than leftovers from the old Soviet Union Era.

Thus the United States was now the only country in the world that still possessed nukes to this day.

He was starting to imagine how, he'd incorporate all the nation's on all the continents into the New World Union, as he called it.
When his convoy suddenly came under attack!
Thus ripping him out from his internal reverie.

He snarled as he looked to see who or what was attacking him and his men, only to scowl even more when he saw what organization the vehicle belonged to.

He grabbed his mic and ordered. All units fan out! We'll rendezvous at the New World Trade Center! Over!
The series of acknowledgements came flooding back in along with cries from several of his men who were being hit and killed now, right in front of him.
All units open fire!, he yelled.

Meanwhile,

Eric Sotters paced around his office with the hologram of the Governor in the middle of his desk.

Governor Hazel., He said.
All I need is your permission to deploy all available units we have in support of our Alpha Team!

Governor Hazel observered him furitively.
And what would be the nature of this request Deputy Director?