CHAPTER 13! AGRESSIVE NEGOTIATIONS!

CLOSURE!
CHAPTER 13!
AGRESSIVE NEGOTIATIONS!

Emergency lights flared and honked as NYCPD S.W.A.T personnel ran all around the corridors of their office headquarters.

Mike met up with his team Carol, Cyril, and Herb in the team's Armory.
Once there, they proceeded to equip themselves with their Exo Suits.
Mike slapped the on button for his Exo Suit.
I'm on!, He announced as he saw data scrolling across his vision, confirming the activation of his suit.

The other 3 also chimed in separately with their confirmations as well, before moving towards their weapons lockers.

Mike grabbed his MP557, slapped a 30 round mag into place, slapped the bolt closed, then yanked the action all the way to the rear before letting it slam back forwards.

Locked and loaded, and loaded, he said whilst clipping extra mags into his ammo packs.

Carol neatly and with practiced efficiency readied her M557A7 Carbine, Aint gonna know what hit em'., she remarked confidently.

Herb readied his own UMP45- 557 racking the first of 32 rounds in his clip.
Shoot first, ask questions later!, he dryly said.

Each of them also checked their sidearms whilst Cyril prepped his Stim Pistol, and placed a bag chock full of stim rounds into his pack.
Even though he'd taken the hypocritic oath, even he knew that being a non combatant in this day in age didn't always guarantee he wouldn't be on the receiving end of any punishment their enemies could dish out, which was why he also clipped a Ruger  Devastator, handgun to his belt.
The Ruger Devastator wasn't named, the Devastator for no reason. The pistol was literally a cannon in the palms of anyone who knew how to aim worth a damm.
This was why it had been selected as the sidearm for all medics in the forces in blue.
The damage it did to anyone unfortunate enough to be hit by one of it's bullets could be described as if God just slapped them on the cheek.
As always he hoped he didn't have to use it, but still it was better than nothing.

Eddie wallked into the armory at that moment.

Sotters has given us the green light. He anounced.
He's busy trying to get permission from the Governor to allow us to use all assests at our disposal.
So for now we're on our own.

So what?, Mike retorted.
We're almost always on our own nearly every time anyways, what's the difference?

The difference Mike, Eddie responded.
Is that we'll have some backup scraped together this time.
Well fucking hope so. Mike growled.

And you think I don't?, Eddie shot back.
If you're all ready? Let's get to our transport!
The intel from Miss Hollins shows a convoy has started out from the Bronx and is headed currently towards the New World Trade Center.
So that's our play.
We get into position just outside of their route, ambush em' and secure the nukes. Badabing badaboom.

It may not be that simple Sir. Carol offered.
Nothing ever is., Eddie agreed wholeheartedly.
But the most we can do is do the best we can, as is humanly possible.
So Let's Move Out Team!

Sir Yes Sir!, All 3 of them chorused at the same time and headed out the door towards the deployment garage.

Meanwhile,

President Rubin now paced around the Sintuation Room in the Bunker underneath the White House.

It had been nearly 24 hours since he'd heard from Colonel Sanders.
And the silence was becoming all the more worrisome.
The pentagon was currently monitoring the Sintuation, via Satellite.
He rubbed a hand across his brow repatedly and it came away, shiny with sweat.  Not only was it bad enough that 2 nukes were missing. But now the Colonel had gone dark.
He was starting to think that maybe he should've ordered him to be executed for treason after all, when, at that moment, the Holonet buzzed.