CLOSURE! CHAPTER 7! INTO THE LION'S DEN!

CLOSURE!
CHAPTER 7!
INTO THE LION'S DEN!

Mike received a message on his I Phone 557, which was practically inside the palm of his right hand.
He glanced at it and a slight smile creased his face, he'd never been one to partake in the new community centered MUGSHOT. ( Facebook pun intended!)

He knew all too well that the site was monitored closely by the NYCPD S. W.A.T Division.
This was to ensure that no one was able to get away with anything that could be considered a criminal act.
The vote to allow for this kind of intrusion into the privacy of the citizens of the country had been passed long long ago., ie The Homeland Security Act.
This wasn't new news to Mike whatsoever. Being a cop naturally meant that this kind of intrusion was commonplace.

The message he received was from his Sister, Lynn Reynolds.
The two had been close ever since their parents had been killed in the conflict known as the 3rd Ballkan war of 2345.
It had only ended, naturally through the usual U.S veiwpoint of speaking softly, yet carrying a big stick.
The conflict had ended yes. But not before the ballkan countries had torn the region apart when The Capital City of Serbia Belgrade had attempted to reform the old country of Yougoslavia.

Natrually this didn't sit well with the other ballkan nations.

He sighed to himself. Why couldn't the world just get along.
He shrugged and supposed that it seemed inevitable that the human race would only too likely be at each other's throats.

In regards to the message from his Sister she'd been trying to contact him for some time now.

Obviously the recent incident at the Coffee Shop was more than enough a reason for her to worry.
And the gist of the message was that she wanted to meet at one of the city's most popular and famous attractions, Ironically called, Club Beat Down.

He texted her back agreeing to meet her there tonight.
Then he resumed wallking back to Headquarters.
Another smile creased his face. He had yet to introduce his flame Carol to his Sister. But he knew in his gut that she would approve of the match.
And that pleased him greatly, the one issue was how to break it to her.
He supposed he would cross that bridge when it came to it.
He headed back inside Headquarters to get back to work.
No sooner had he returned than he was being dispatched along with Carol and Eddie, and Herb Wallker, to Tompkin's Square Park of all places.

It didn't take them long to get there and initially their questions as to why they'd had to go there was answered when the saw a body of a man had been unceremoniously dumped under a gathering of bushes.

The perks of rank got them through the yellow tape and barricades, until they finally arrived where the body still
lay.

What do we have corpsmen?, Eddie asked. With the sign on his face clearly showing that he was in no mood for chitchat.

We saved the body when we received word from Sotters that you 3 were on the way. The boss figured you'd need a shot in the arm, figuratively speaking of course-
Any ID's Mike put in helpfully.

No we don't touch the scene of the crime until the proper authorities have had a look Seargent. The Corpsmen replied back.

Wallker your up! That's an order.
Aw geez Sir do I really have to touch a dead body?, Wallker protested meekly.
I'd really rather not.
Dead bodies give me the willies-
I don't have time for your lip Son. I gave you an order, came Eddie's uncompromising response.
Unless you'd perfer to be transferred to another unit, in which case that can be arranged, Private.
The last word clearly being intended to remind Wallker where he ranked in the scheme of things.