8. UNFORTUNATE MISTAKES

Start from the beginning

Oh I have ridden bikes before. But not this fast, in a hurry, at a dangerous position in the backseat, with adrenaline pumping through me.

And I loved this!

You can say that I'm partially an adrenaline junkie.

I gotta try this once again, but sometime later though.

The bike then stops, snapping out of my thoughts and I quickly get off, smoothing some of my stray hair with my fingers.

"Thanks!" I speak a little breathlessly.

"Looks like someone enjoyed the ride."

I bend my head down in an attempt to hide my embarrassment and a stray piece of hair fell on my face.

Reaching out, Ved tucks it behind my hair muttering, "Cute.", and grabs my hand, leading me into the music class.

Again, I'm surprised by the lack of feelings from his touch.

I push those thoughts away and face my teacher.

And right friggin' now, other students look at Ved and me as we explain the reason for our tardiness.

Giving us a look that was both sympathetic and exasperated, the teacher told us to take our places.

"I was thinking about pairing the students to see if you can sing in the other person's pitch properly." She informs us and continues, "And we had already paired the others so you both are paired with each other."

Nodding my head in agreement, I discuss with Ved about which song to sing. We agree on one, after sometime and tell the teacher that we were ready.

Some of them had decided earlier than us, so accordingly they sang before us.

When our turn came, the pitch was first set comfortable to me and as usual, Ved effortlessly sang the song, even though it was a different pitch.

Ugh. Boys and their easy singing.

The pitch was changed to Ved's and I started feeling self-conscious and nervous because I had never sung in this pitch. Not that I can't, but just that I had never tried.

I adjust my voice to the pitch, humming to myself then start singing the song. When I reached a very high note, I sang it in the lower octave to avoid myself from embarrassing me when I go too high.

"No no. I want you to sing it in the actual higher octave. You and I know that you very well can reach the high notes. In fact you are more accustomed to them. Now, come on" The teacher interrupts me.

I stop singing, take a deep breath, looking around nervously and start the specified part again.

My voice wobbles a bit in the beginning but then I get the hang of it.

When the high notes come, I sing them with ease but face slight difficulty in perfecting them since the boys' pitch was too high to reach the higher octaves but since my voice—unlike some other girls in my class—was more comfortable in singing the high notes, I somehow manage to get them right.

I open my eyes once I was done and see the teacher eyeing me with a slight smile.

"That was good. You can perfect it even more, but that was good for a first try." She comments and moves on to the next pair.

Though I found Ved trying to catch my eyes, I avoid looking at him for the rest of the class since I didn't know how he felt I sang and since it was my first time trying his pitch, I probably should have made some mistakes.

The inevitable comes as the music class winds up and I head out to Ved's bike since he was my ride.

Why not walk back home?