Chapter 8

Evelyn's POV-

After more than enough convincing, I got Dad to agree that Wolfy was no threat. He said he would only fully believe that when he would shift back. 

Still sitting next to Wolfy on the grass with him still on high alert, watching for someone to attack him.

"Hey can you please shift to your human form? That way everyone can finally realize that you aren't here to hurt anyone?"

The large wolf just whimpers at me and shakes his head.

"You can't shift?"

Another whimper and a shake of a head along with a paw scratch to his muzzle.

"You see Dad? He would have shifted if he could. Something must be blocking him from transforming back."

My dad nods his head whilst getting the look on his face he always wears when he is finding something troubling. 

Brina speaks up from behind Jasper, who is standing slightly in front in a protective stance.

"We could take him to my aunts. They might have some type of blend to remove whatever his preventing him from shifting."

"That's perfect! Is that okay Wolfy?"

I can't believe you call him that. Such a dumb name.

Shut up Rayne! Its just till we know his real name.

You would have been the kid who named their dog Buster or Buddy.

Well I never had a dog so we can't know.

Tuning out my wolf I look at an expectant group of humans and one black wolf. I guess that would be a yes to going to Brina's aunts.

After a short walk with Wolfy staying at my side, we make it to the cottage where Lenna and Kendra are waiting on the front step. I know that if anyone in this pack has a way to get Wolfy here to shift back its them. I mean I haven't ever had a mental block keep me from shifting but I do have a wolf that is hard to control.

"You are in good hands Wolfy. Don't worry."

Kendra and Lenna lead my father, brother, Brina, Wolfy, and I into the living room before disappearing into the kitchen. Jasper sits next to Brina on the couch while My father and I sit in two arm chairs, Wolfy laying at my feet.

He seems so sweet. If he can't shift back can we still keep him around?

He is a person Rayne! Not a puppy!

Okay but can we still keep him?

You are such an idiot.

After a few minuets of awkward silence Lenna and Kendra place a bowl of what looks like strawberry jelly next to Wolfy who looks at it dis-trustingly.

"Its okay. No one in this room wishes to harm you. We just want to help."

A look of determination fills his eyes as he goes to take his first bite. After a few bites I can't help but place my hand on his back, trying to encourage him to continue.

As soon as my hand makes contact he starts to shake and that weird energy spreads through me.

"It's worked! Give him room! He is gonna shift!" Lenna jumps with excitement.

"Jasper run and get him a set of clothes."

"Dad, why do I have to go?"

"Because I said so and because I doubt you want your sister or mate to go through your drawers in search of clothes."