10) Falling For Who?

It may only be me, but the days passed so quickly that everything just blended in together. Since the dinner, Jeongyeon has been frequently going to meetings each day. I don't know if it's due to her actual work or Daniel. I had to keep my composure, I trusted her not to get into trouble.

During those days alone, I lounged around Jihyo's spacious office. She didn't mind since she liked the company, in fact she was more giddy than before.
I saw her smile whilst she was writing.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked.
"N-Nothing." She said.
I checked and it was marked exam papers from different teachers.
"Marking papers are apparently fun to you?" I sarcastically said.
She shrugged, I knew something was going on.
I leaned over her desk and stared right into her eyes.
"What's going on?"

Jihyo blushed slightly and turned her chair around.
"Did you just blush?"
"N-No..."
"Stop hiding it." I laughed.
She slowly turned her chair around and looked quite embarrassed.
"So... what's on your mind?" I sat down opposite her feeling as if we were back as teenagers gossiping around. Who am I kidding? Everyone gossips.

"Just someone..." She vaguely said.
"Hmm... is it Kang Daniel?" I answered.
"What!" She instantly covered her mouth.
Oh, I knew it as soon as he stepped into our house. Jihyo was more active and agitated when he was around. Come to think of it, she blushed every time he was around.
"So it is him!"
"I'm neither agreeing or denying." She quickly said.
"I knew it! You're always so friendly when you're with him." I teased her.

She kept quiet, so I just offered her a few tips.
"If you want, you can tell him the truth."
Jihyo shook her head.
"I just think that it would be weird do that."
"Why?"
"I think he has eyes for someone else."
Really? I never noticed who.
"And who do you think it is?" I asked.
"You."

I chuckled thinking she was joking, but her expression never changed.
"You're serious, aren't you?" I quickly stopped.
"He's clearly into you. He kept mentioning your name when we met at the farmer's market." She sighed, she was clearly frustrated.
"It's probably because we were friends in High School."
"But he mentioned how he really meant him and it just feels like he likes you."

"He does know that I'm with Jeongyeon right?" I tried to smile, but it felt wrong to.
"Of course he does, but remember how they acted. Jeongyeon snapped and Daniel was just silently laughing at her. Do you think that this friendship of yours ended well? Why do you think they keep eyeing each other?"
I rethought what she said and she was right she had a point.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't get in someone else's business." She dismissed herself.
"No, if it wasn't for you I would have thought something else." I smiled.
"What I said may not be true, it's just my hunch."
Yet I kept that hunch as a possible truth, she's been too quiet and I want to know the truth.

Now.
__
It's a short chapter and I'm sorry, just wanna keep a frequent update.