Side By Side: Calypso, Zoë

Mulai dari awal

She tried escaping slowly but her father grabbed her shirt. "Oh no, you don't"

He forced her to follow him as they slowly walked closer and closer to the Olympian's mansion. Closer and closer to her doom. Closer and closer to something she would never be. Closer and closer to someone she would never be. Closer and closer to the truth about her father.

The robbing/stealing went as well as Calypso guessed. They got caught within the minute and were forced to run. That's what got her here, running toward the beach behind her father.

As they continued to run, Calypso considered turning herself in and telling them that they could do whatever they wanted with her as long as she could see her sister one last time. But she didn't, because her father dragged her a boat, and mind you, it's not his boat.

Calypso has no idea how her father could drive the boat without a key but he managed it. And they sail off toward the ocean, sailing off the shore and leaving behind their house in New York. Calypso sat alone on the deck as she tugged herself into a ball and stared at the night sky. The stars were shining brightly and the full moon was visible as well, not a single cloud could be seen in the sky.

That all changed soon though. The wind changed direction as a heavy storm cloud passed over the boat they're at. Without warning, rain started pouring heavily and Calypso used her soak cloak to shield herself for the wind, shivering wherever the wind made contact with her skin.

Atlas walked toward his younger daughter with a glare. "You useless daughter of a bit-"

He never got to finish his sentence though. A huge wave appeared to be swallowing the whole boat but the water quickly drained. The look on Atlas' face is priceless. But as another wave hit the boat, Calypso wasn't so lucky.

The wave was bigger and higher than the last one and it's threatening to pull her into the big, wild ocean. Her father made no attempt to hold on to her however, too busy making sure he isn't wet. When another powerful wind hit, Calypso was sent tumbling overboard. She was screaming the whole way but if her father heard her, he didn't act on it.

As the ocean swallowed her, Calypso wondered if this was how she would die. Alone and forgotten by all. She tried to swim upward, to get air but something seemed to be holding onto her leg, making her unable to move. But when a wooden chest fell off the boat, Calypso used the last bit of strength to kick upward and attached herself to the wooden chest, opening the lid and quickly finding a rope to tie herself to the chest.

As another wave hit Calypso, her world turned black, the last thought on her mind was, I love you, Zoe.

/

Words float around Calypso's mind, but she couldn't really hear what they were saying. She couldn't tell if this was reality or not. Is she dead? Is she alive? What's happening? What's her name?

Her mind was overloaded with too many questions when she started to make out her surroundings. The first sound she heard was a machine's beeping. Someone was holding her hands, but she couldn't tell who.

Calypso opened her eyes and was met with familiar black eyes. She couldn't place the familiar feeling though, it's like a dream that she couldn't reach. The girl smiled at her and whispered.

"You're fine now. I'll keep you safe. Now sleep." And Calypso was out again.

/

When Calypso opened her eyes again, she was in a familiar yet not really familiar bed. The room was painted like an outdoor scene. The same girl that she saw earlier was here as well.

"Calypso!" The girl said in a delighted voice when she saw her eyes opened.

Calypso looked at the other girl in confusion. "Who are you? Who am I?"