Chapter 6: Aw hell no.

Start from the beginning

            I pondered for a moment, looking up into the sky.  “It was less romantic but way for fun,” I said, telling the truth. 

            “That’s good,” Noah said, brushing away a piece of my hair.

            To tell the truth, Noah was a great guy.  However, I didn’t really feel something with him.  No fireworks or anything.  More like hanging with a friend kind of feeling. 

            I was about to tell Noah how I felt, just so he wouldn’t get the wrong message until the porch light blinked on.  “Guess that means I have to go in now,” I said.

            His charming smile covered the hint of disappointment in his reaction as I opened the door. 

            “See you tomorrow?” Noah asked with a playful grin.  

            I pretended to think, and looked back at him.  “Maybe…unless I sleep in or something.”

            Noah laughed and winked bye as he turned.   Just as I closed the door, I could feel him looking back once more.

            I closed the door and shuffled up to up the stairs, applying the bored look back on my face.  I still had to go through with the plan if I wanted Irene to stop the dating thing. 

            “How did it go?” perked Aunt Darby as she peeked from the kitchen.

            I shrugged and continued up the stairs.  “Dull, tiresome, boring…” I drifted off, playing as if I was tired.  “See you in the morning,” I called out just I began to hear her ask more questions.

            The first thing I did was collapse on my bed, face first into my pillow.  I didn’t bother to pick the covers from the floor and completely shut down, travelling to the world of dreams.

            I blinked twice as I came first to see the digits on my alarm clock.  6:00am.  Suddenly, one word woke me up, making me bolt out of bed.  Homework.  I dashed out and threw out my homework on my white desk, sprawling the papers all over.

            I know I don’t seem like the homework type but I still have grades to manage, no matter what country I was in.  If I got a B average on any subjects then the police will pull me out of school and throw me into summer school. 

            Thanks but I rather not spend my summer in some musty building full of half brained, snotty teenagers.

            Time passed by quick as I flipped through my homework, next thing I knew, my phone beeped, making me jump.

            8:30.  Yikes!  Ten minutes until school starts.  Usually I wouldn’t care since the police never checked my records but only because Aunt Darby was home.  If she knew I was still here after 8:40, the bat would start coming out if you know what I mean.

            I stuffed my papers into my leather hobo bag, all homework finished in a neat manner.  I dashed off into the shower, later coming out with grey Roots track pants and a white tank top.  I hopped on one foot as I slipped into my polka dotted black and white socks, and skipped down the stairs with my bag. 

            Slipping on my DC shoes, I grabbed an apple and munched on my way out, yelling, “Bye Aunt Darby,” as I slammed the door behind me.  I placed my expensive shades on my eyes, settling my look to just plain cool.  I scavenged for my keys as I opened the garage, getting into my red Mustang.