Chapter 6: Aw hell no.

Start from the beginning

     I turned around and found him staring at me, looking lost in his own world.  What was his problem?

     “Hey!” called out Noah.  I put on my charming smile and made my way over to my table.  “I was getting worried.”  He stood up,alarmed.

     I grinned.  “You were worried about me?” I asked, surprised. 

“Of course!  You’re still my date you know,” he said, wrapping his arm around my waist.  Suddenly, his phone blinked as he got a text.

            I peeked over his shoulder, checking out his Blackberry Bold.  It was Brian.  Noah frowned and looked to Avery.  “Brian said he had to leave early, something important came up.”

              Avery’s face fell as she got up.  “Oh.”

            “We can head home with you,” I blurted, feeling bad.

            Another victim dumped by Brian Daniels.  What a surprise.

            She shook her head, shuffling out of the booth.  “No, it’s cool.”  I could tell she was heartbroken.  I had to do something. 

            “No its not.  You’re coming with us,” I demanded.  She shrunk back and gave a thankful smile.

            “Thanks.”

            Noah quickly paid the bill and we walked out, turning the corner to see a cab pull by. 

            “Taxi!” Noah yelled, sticking his hand out.  The vehicle parked by our feet, and Noah opened the door for me and Avery.  “Ladies first,” he bowed.

            Avery giggled and stepped in.  I crawled in, scotching over to the middle.  “Thanks,” I said, intending it this time.

            Noah grinned.  “No problem, glad you appreciated it this time.”

            The rest of the ride was fun as the taxi driver blasted the radio to full volume.  All three of us in the back were singing along to “Call Me Maybe” ((It’s a Summer classic guys :D )) by Carly Rae Jepsen as we rocked in the car.  Avery got out and thanked us again.

            After she left, Noah and I started talking again.   He was a great listener and looked super hot in that tuxedo.  “And here we are,” said the taxi driver as he pulled up by my house.

            Noah told me to wait as he stepped out first, coming around to open the door for me.  I climbed out as Noah paid the driver.  “That was sweet of you,” said Noah, as we slowly walked to my porch.

            “Sweet of what?”

            “For making sure Avery wasn’t going home alone.”

            “Yeah well,” I started.  “She was so sad…. I had to do something.”

            Noah nodded.  “You’re a soft hearted one aren’t you?”

            I burst out laughing, realizing how funny that sounded.  I quickly bit my lip, glancing at Noah’s reaction. 

            “What’s so funny?” he asked, still confused.

            “Never mind,” I said, shaking my head.          “Thanks for the ride though.”

            “It was fun, wasn’t it?  Better than the horse’n  chariot ride, no?” he said as we walked to my porch.