𝐢𝐢. 𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐠

Start from the beginning

"Hey, one more move, and I'll have you training for fourteen hours. Listen up." Iris yelled out to them, causing all the kids to straighten up fully and to stop moving once they heard they would have to train and actually do work.

"You two, untie her feet. Aspyn untie the kids from their leashes - they are not horses. The one kid in the corner who is eating mud, just stop. You're going to get at least one disease and it's frankly just disgusting." Fallon pleaded when she saw the kid in the corner head planted in the ground with his tongue obviously covered in the mud he was previously trying to disgust. The kid staring up with a guilty look planted across his face at being caught.

The kids started listening to Fallon as they went to get cleaned up - the one kid starting spitting the mud he had tried to eat on the ground. Iris crinkling her nose in disgust at the spitter - not having sympathy for a kid who decided that mud was a good snack. Both her and Fallon going over to Aspyn who was finally getting untied by the kids. Aspyn letting out a tiny squeal of excitement - not expecting the two to visit her while she was babysitting. Aspyn was more than glad to have company that was actually her own age rather than the torturous little kids around her. While Aspyn was the sweetest and childlike out of the three, she had a hard time getting along with children due to not having experience handling people who were more energetic than herself.

Aspyn wrapped her arms immediately around Fallon's shoulders as she kissed her cheek in greeting. Fallon accepting the greeting despite the fact she was rubbing paint all over her. Aspyn turning around to Iris whose eyes immediately went wide as she held her finger up in opposition at the thought of being smothered in whatever germs the children had possibly passed onto her friend.

"You try and touch or kiss me, I'll cut your hair and tongue off!" Iris threatened her with weird eyes, knowing those were Aspyn's two favorite qualities.

"How will I ever be able to get my true love's kiss if you cut off my tongue?" Aspyn asked dramatically as she moved her hands to her hair as a source of protection against Iris's threat. The sound of a horn going off caused the three to stare at each other solemnly - knowing exactly what was about to about and that they didn't have a lot of time before the fog started to roll in.

"Listen up! Everyone follow us or you die, got it?" Iris screamed to the kids - not wasting any time in being gentle in breaking the warning to them about the acid fog. The kids immediately flocking to them, Aspyn picking up the smallest kids as they started running fast as possible to the nearest place of shelter to keep them safe. Aspyn going in first as she led the little kids deep into the cave where the fog couldn't reach them.

Fallon picking up one of the kids who was struggling to run fast enough as she grabbed him and held him in her arms as she continued to run to the cave.

"Iris?" Aspyn called out, noticing her best friend standing at the entrance as she turned behind her as she heard a noise from behind them.

"I can hear a kid crying," Iris revealed with wide eyes - not hesitating as she took off running in the direction of the noise. Fallon running time the entrance as she noticed the fog getting closer to the cave. Iris didn't have long before the fog would catch up to her and she would soon be dead by the poison. Aspyn standing beside Fallon, both of them realizing Iris only had a few seconds to come back before her fate was sealed. Neither of them even tempting to go after her since they didn't even know the direction she had run off in - knowing they needed to stay alive to make sure the children stayed safe with them.

Iris coming running into the cave a few seconds with a kid latched onto her back with a bloody leg. Aspyn and Fallon sighing in relief as they all ran deep into the cave for safety. Iris finally setting the kid down next to her friends as she sank against the wall beside Fallon and Aspyn out of breath.