𝐯. 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫

"Are you sure she's okay?" Lincoln asked Iris as she sat on the branch to continue setting up the trap before jumping down on the ground as she landed safely on her feet next to Lincoln

"Trust me, if we can trust Aspyn with any job in this plan it's distracting people to go the other way." Iris convinced Lincoln - the two leaving Aspyn outside of Lincoln's cave to make sure none of their people would realize they were trying to help a sky person. The thought of possibly getting caught was starting to push them into a state of paranoia considering none of them wanted to be deemed a traitor by any of their people with the consequences they would have to suffer as a result.

"Why are you setting up all of these traps again?" Lincoln asked with slight suspicion as he followed after Iris who still was intent on setting up the outside of Lincoln's cave to provide more traps in case anyone tried to enter who they didn't want to catch them. Iris trying to ignore the suspicion in his voice as he asked his question knowing he didn't have the full trust in her that she wouldn't try and kill the sky people if he wasn't around to stop her from doing so.

"Listen, you and Aspyn are the healers. I'm the fighter and I haven't slept in a day because you and Aspyn have about five hundred things to do to accomplish peace per day. I'm tired and I don't want to fight. Plus, it probably won't cause that much damage if anyone even trips it." Iris lied at the last part as Lincoln eyed her suspiciously before nodding his head in agreement as he went to collect what he had come out for originally. Iris sighing when he bought her lie as he started to leave her to finish setting up - Iris just wanting to keep him and Aspyn safe for however long possible even if it did get in the way of their goal of peace with the sky people.

Iris breathed out a sigh of relief as she watched him walk away as she continued to tie up some of the ropes and traps, knowing rightly she was only going to use them if she had to kill them. She was trying her hardest to try and get rid of the warrior mindset she was drilled into having since she was four but after all, it was hard to break a habit and this one was the one she was forced into the longest and it would always be the hardest for her to break.

—•—

"Well, good morning," Fallon muttered bitterly when she heard the sky boy's screams from beside her - waking up to see that there was no one else besides the two in the hut. Fallon started to wonder why the hell he was screaming so early in the morning, watching as he continued to squirm and move in pain with the cuffs pinching into his cuts and scrapes which was going to hurt him more if he didn't snap out of it soon.

"Hey, sky boy. Shut up." Fallon screamed which didn't seem to wake up, finally noticing that he was having some sort of a nightmare. Fallon wrapped her hands around her cuffs as she pulled herself up before attempting to kick the rock beside her towards him as harsh as she could. The piece of rock managing to hit him softly in the stomach causing him to jump awake at the sudden sensation hitting him.