Part 2 - The Unknown

The little girl, whose face was all over the town, stood at the edge of the gloomy forest. 'The Darkest Forest in the entire world' some would call it, but she didn't believe that. Instead, she found comfort in the trees that seemed to whisper in her ear, like the howling wind. The brunette came here sometimes, drawing or writing poems about nature, the woods, or birds that seemed to like her.

As the backpack she took with her seemed to grow heavier with every second, she set foot on the soft floor of the forest, feeling as if it welcomed her back into its presence. As she walked further into the darkness, she cracked a small smile at the trees she passed. In the secluded woods, she could do what she wanted, she could be who she wanted to be.

After a while of walking deeper into the growth of moss and trees, she turned around. You were unable to see anything other than the nature she was located in, no one would go this deep into the 'Darkest Woods' just to find her. Satisfied, she slid and sat down against the trunk of a nearby tree. As she finally realizes how exhausted she actually was, she prepared a small blanket for her to sleep on for the night. If it even was night, it was impossible to see through the thick layer of leaves above her, but she remembered when she entered the forest, it was around evening, 7 pm. So, it should be night by now, at least.

-----=[ | TimeSkip | ]=-----

The teen woke up to the rustling of leaves, not just above or next to her. No, all around her, and it didn't sound like 'just the wind' either... As she cautiously stood up, wobbling a bit on her fragile legs, she suddenly felt a pressure, starting at her feet. She didn't pay to much attention to it, as she thought it was just the immediate caution after just awaking. But she was wrong, as the force soon started rising to her legs, hips and soon her entire body was added to that list.

She tried walking a bit, but she couldn't. She tried again, and again, trying so desperately to move a single muscle, but she couldn't. This force, it held her down. It held her in place, like a helpless rabbit, paralyzed by a snakes venom, unable to run, hide or fight back. As this pressure started to increase, she heard a rather deep, distorted voice saying: "Such a young girl... I do wonder what thought made you go this deep into MY Forest ~ . . ."

The young female froze at the sound of the cold hearted, yet welcoming voice behind her. She wanted to turn around, see who was talking in such an intriguing way, but just as all the other attempts, this one failed once again. "You sure are a fighter, young one . . ." The voice spoke once again, as the trapped brunette questioned her ability to move once again, failing again.

"Others in your place would have fainted, panicked or you know . . . died already ~ . . ." The voice continued, ending its sentence with a light, distorted chuckle, his amusement evident in every word he said. Lavender didn't want to end up dead, and neither was she going to let the owner of the voice kill her, not today, not ever. "W-who..." She panted, speaking was significantly hard, even though it was possible, it was tiring. "Who.. a- are yo- you..." As her breathing started getting heavier, she became sure that whatever force that was holding her down, it was the keeper of voice's doing.

"My my my ~ . . . You sure did something prestigious there . . . Due to me being so close to you now, you should have fainted at least, let alone talk ~ . . !" The voice stated, sounding genuinely impressed. Thats when the girl replayed his sentence in her head, noticing that he said 'he was close'. This send several shivers down her spine. Whoever- wait, whatever this was, it was getting closer and closer to her back, and she didn't like that.

So with all the power she could scramble together, she made another attempt to turn around. And to her surprise, she actually started moving! But, the wrong way, she was headed facefirst towards the ground. As she was falling, she got ready for the incoming collision with the ground, but instead, she was catched midway in her fall by several thick vines. After a small silence, she realized the vines just grew, out of nowhere. "Kid . . . Do you even realize what you just did . . ?" the voice said once more, the playfulness left and only the shock remained in his question.

Still suffering under the force coming down on her tired frame, she only managed to raise an eyebrow in question, and finally, get a good look at who/what she was talking with. Before her stood a shadowy creature, numerous long, thick branches spreading from the sides of its head, but what would grab your attention immediately, are his white glowing eyes, surrounded by a pale, rainbowy shine. The black cloak flowing over his body kept her from seeing anything else, except his legs then ofcourse. (A/N: Picture not mine)

 (A/N: Picture not mine)

((^^ no lantern ^^))

As she looked at him a bit more, the poor girl didn't know what to think. Should she be frightened? Horrified? In awe? She did think he was weirdly beautiful... She remembered that he asked something and looked back down, at where the vines still holding her up rose from the muddy ground. She thought something to herself, causing her to go wide-eyed, and she soon sputtered the question terrorizing her tiny mind out loud to the being standing next to her, indicating to the vines.

"Did I- I do th- that..?"

-----=[ | A / N | ]=-----

Hello there! again...

As you all know, I'm gonna try and be fulltime on this book, cuz why not? Hope you enjoyed the chapter, cuz i sure did writing it, and it might be a bit to straight forward, but i like books that get straight to the interesting part. And trust me, things will get very exciting soon...

Anyways, cya next time! ^^