II

I think you were too good for me.

I was a terrible partner to you, in all honesty. I think about your hair sometimes, or the way your pupils dilated when you looked at me.

I liked to jokingly call you my wife. You did the same. I miss your touch and how perfectly your hand fit into mine.

I miss awkwardly dancing with you in your best friend's bedroom, you calling it cute that I sang some sappy love song to you.

You dealt with every ounce of my bullshit, and I gave you nothing in return. I think about our songs, or the jokes we had. I still have them in a box in my room. You had your little sister deliver that for me.

I miss you a lot. Sometimes, I watch videos where I can hear you talking. It breaks my heart in a million pieces. I miss your voice, the way you said my name, and the way you laughed. I loved the way you laughed at my jokes, cheesy or not. I especially miss our inside jokes.

I miss our dates. We went to Pride together. I was ill, but you didn't mind. You made sure I had a good time despite my illness. Then, you agreed to go see a kids movie with me. It was only us and a man with his daughter in the theatre. I wanted to kiss you the whole time.

Sometimes, it's hard to believe you're gone. You'll always be my sunshine, I think.

(dats me yellin).