Chapter Nineteen: Love, A Small Step Forward, And Failure

Start from the beginning

Kanako laughed, causing Haruna to look over at her. "It's pretty funny to watch them, don't you think?" Kanako said. "Yeah, I guess so," Haruna agreed. If anything, Haruna thought Jasmine's playful jabs at Chiyo were deserved. What goes around comes around.

Next up was Kanako, but she quickly realized a problem. "U-Um, my clothes..." she started saying. "Oh, right. You don't have any now either," Chiyo said. She had solved her own problem by borrowing from Jasmine. "Can you spare any more Jas-chin?" Chiyo asked. Jasmine shook her head. "Sorry, but everything I have left is either dirty or wouldn't be good to sleep in," she said. "What am I going to do? I can't sleep in this dress..." Kanako mumbled. Haruna thought for a moment, then made a suggestion of her own. "I think I have something you could wear." "Really?" Kanako said expectantly. "I mean, I don't wear anything fancy, so the clothes I give you should be ones you can sleep in easily enough." After all, Haruna had essentially only brought shorts, t-shirts and a pair of jeans for choice of outfits. "That would be great Haruna. Thanks," Kanako said happily. "S-Sure, no problem," Haruna said, blushing.

Going up to her room, Haruna grabbed a simple black t-shirt and shorts and came back to give them to Kanako. So with her clothing situation resolved, Kanako was finally able to take her bath. For the time being, Haruna had decided to wait downstairs. She figured it'd be easier than potentially having to leave the room if Kanako wanted to change in there or something. After a while, Kanako's voice called down from the stairs, telling Haruna that the bath was free. Taking her cue, Haruna finally headed up, flipping off the lights as she was the last one left (Chiyo and Jasmine had gone up with Kanako).

Once the bath was filled, Haruna sank into the water. At the moment, she didn't want to think about anything. It had been a crazy night, and now, one of Haruna's biggest concerns was coming to fruition. She had been worried about ending up in the same room as Kanako, but Haruna had lucked out when she got Itsuki as a roommate. Now though, the bullet could no longer be dodged. "I get the feeling I'm not going to sleep well..." Haruna sighed to herself. But, she decided to put those worries out of her mind. Haruna had no desire to think about her own feelings, the pain in the ass named Michi, or really anything else at all. For the time being, all Haruna wanted to do was soak in the water and relax.

As it turned out, that proved to be the right choice. In fact, Haruna was glad to be as relaxed as possible, because if she hadn't been, dealing with the scene before her would've been much more difficult. Right when she opened the door, Haruna had found Kanako finishing up preparing and fluffing her futon (or as much as one could fluff a futon). That of course had not been the sight that had caused Haruna to freeze in the doorway.

Before her now was the girl Haruna liked, wearing Haruna's clothes, and definitely wearing them better than she ever had. Seeing Kanako dressed in a black t-shirt and black shorts was certainly different and far from the norm of anything she'd usually wear, but it wasn't a bad look. In fact, seeing the somewhat baggy clothes on her created a rather cute air around her. That was one of the aspects that Haruna was taking in. The other, though... "I really am grateful for the clothes, b-but it is a little tight up here... " Kanako said shyly as she motioned toward her chest.

The length of the shirt was kind of longer than what would normally fit Kanako, but in an apparent way to fix that issue, some of the shirt was being pulled up. Or was out the right word? Haruna didn't really know. What she did know, however, was that one of her shirts was being stretched a bit like it never had been before thanks to Kanako's chest size. Of course, it wasn't as if Kanako's breasts were huge. In fact, they were pretty standard in size. But, compared to Haruna, who had basically none to show for it, this was a big difference.