Chapter 8: Valerie

In a world where everything changes, Some things always stay the same. They say there's only three things You can count on in life: Death, taxes and McKinely High New Directions. When Blaine and I broke up, i was devastated. I thought i was gonna spend the rest of my life with him, And then suddenly he was gone.

Santana told me that I should try to focus on music, and I couldn't even do that. All the songs I wrote were hate songs towards Blaine. Wonderful. But then I stood alongside Kurt... and rachel... to coach the new Nee Directions. Or well at least try.

I was holding a bag from Arby's, walking in to bring Sebastian his sandwich. Ever since our amazing duet of "Suddenly Seymour" we've become a lot closer. So we eat lunch together every sing day.

I walked into the choir room to see Sebastian and Blaine gathering the boys around. There was a very beautiful, dark skinned girl with amazing hair sitting in one of the chairs. Sebastian smiled at me, walking towards me.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at Sebastian, whispering.

"Well we have quite the dilemma." He said, grabbing the bag out of my hand.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well you're not going to like this, but a girl wants to join the Warblers."

"Okay and?" I asked. Sebastian stayed quiet. "Don't tell me you are thinking of denying her."

"Well I'm not." Sebastian said. "If I've learned anything, its to let the girl on the team. But what the council says goes."

"Then how the hell did I get in?" I asked.

"I was the council. They didn't have a choice." Sebastian said.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand.
This house is built on a foundation of lies." Nick said, the boys shouting at one another.
"Order!" Nick said, calming the boys down.

"Look, look. No decision has been made yet. I'm just presenting the issue For the warbler council to discuss. Should female students be allowed to join?" Blaine asked. I tensed up at the sound of his voice.

"You okay?" Sebastian asked me.

"Yeah this is just pissing me off." I said, making Sebastian nod. Lie.

"What's next, huh? Cat and dog warblers? I mean, the very question Is risible. How about a student who's a skunk? Should it be allowed to become a warbler?" A boy said. I spoke up.

"Hey you." I said, the one who spoke last looked at me. "Yeah you. What's your name?" I asked him.

"Derrick." He said, smiling at me.

"Okay Derrick." I said pausing. "That was the dummest fucking thing that I've ever heard come out of anyone's mouth. You're not allowed to speak the rest of this meeting." Sebastian laughed quietly.

"We can't have a girl warbler. Imagine the sexual tension. We would never get anything done." Another boy said. I need to learn all of their names.

"Aren't all of you gay?" Sebastian asked.

"Shame on you. We all have girlfriends." One of them said. I didn't believe it for a second.

"Right." Blaine, Sebastian, and I said all at the same time. I walked into the center of the room.

"Look. I was the first female warbler, and look youre all still here. Noting exploded and nobody died." I said, smiling. "Hell I got these two fools you call coach to Nationals."

"She did." Sebastian said.

"Should squirrels be allowed to join the warblers?" Derrick said, making me glare at him.

"Derrick." I said.

"I'm sorry." He said sheepishly.

"I'm going to show all of you how it's done. With the help of my female friend." I said, inviting her to stand next to me. "Boys sit down." Blaine and Sebastian nodded, taking a seat at the back of the room. "Alright, whats you're name?" I asked her.

"Jane." She said. I smiled at her.

"Well Jane, this is one of my favorite musical numbers, and I know you'll catch on fast. Join me when when ever you're ready." I said. She nodded at me.

(Jane is Brittany, Cavanagh is Santana. Mike Change is Sebastian. And the dance moves are the exact same)

Jane was sitting in front of me, smiling as the music started.

Cavanagh
Well, sometime I go out by myself
And I look across the water
And I think of all the things, what you're doing
And in my head I paint a picture

I was dancing around the room. When I walked past Jane, who started to sing, but stayed put in her spot.

Jane and Cavanagh
Cause since I've come on home
Well, my body's been a mess
And I've missed your ginger hair
And the way you like to dress
Won't you come on over?

Sebastian joined me, dancing along. We moved in sync, laughing. Sebastian grabbed my hands, and we did a more upbeat, modernized box waltz before breaking out into some rap moves.

Cavanagh
Stop makin a fool out of me
Why don't you come on over Valerie?

The music continues, and Jane stands up, smiling at me.

Jane
Well, sometimes I go out by myself
And I look across the water

Cavanagh
And I think of all the things, what you're doing
And in my head I paint a picture

Cavanagh and Jane
Cause since I've come on home
Well, my body's been a mess
And I've missed your ginger hair
And the way you like to dress
Won't you come on over?
Stop makin a fool out of me
Why don't you come on over Valerie?
Valerie.

Jane ended up in my arms at the end of the number. She is truly amazing, and I couldn't see why they would say no. Sebastian smiled, wrapping his arms around me. I looked up at Blaine, who was glaring at Sebastian. Interesting.

"So." Sebastian said. "What do you say boys?"

"It's still a no." Nick said. Jane looked disappointed.

"Transfer to McKinely." I said to her. She looked at me, confused. "I'm the coach of the new New Directions. We need a strong female lead. And you have a spot waiting there for you."

"Don't I need to audition?" She asked me.

"This was your audition." I said, smiling.

"I'd love to."