𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙾𝚗𝚎: "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢."

_______________________________

"Breaks only heal us, so come on,Come on if you're gonna come home

Come on if you're gonna come home."

Come On - Twin Forks

_______________________________

XXI.
\\ ALL THE NOISE //

The next morning, the light shining through the curtains awoke Aden before her alarm ever did. Her eyes slowly opened and she yawned as she sat up in her bed. She glanced over at her clock, seeing it was about twenty minutes before her alarm would usually go off.

The day had begun and a smile stretched across Aden's face as the happiness she felt when she fell asleep last night returned. Her mind drifted to Rhydian...and last night in the woods. Even though things were a little stressful on the home front right now, he still managed to make her happy through it all.

So, getting up to get ready for the day, Aden went ahead and showered, then changed into her school uniform and dried her hair. She was just finishing brushing through her hair when someone knocked at her door.

"Come in." Aden said, figuring it was Maddy looking to borrow something from her.

But instead, Aden glanced up from her mirror when she saw the door open and Emma and Daniel stepping in. Immediately she frowned as she saw them worriedly glance around her room.

"Aden," Emma said, "Do you know where Maddy is?"

She turned around, facing the two of them...seeing how concerned they looked. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"No..." Aden frowned again, "She's not in her room getting ready?"

Daniel shook his head, "No, she's not here."

"Maybe she left for school early?" She suggested.

But Aden knew that Maddy would usually tell her if she was leaving for school early, so that explanation didn't seem right to Aden either.

"No, her uniform and clothes are gone." Emma told her, "And her rucksack."

Now that changed things...and worry suddenly settled over Aden. She knew Maddy was angry with Emma and Daniel about the whole eolas thing...but was she really angry enough to run away? She wouldn't have run away without coming to talk to her first, right?

Aden swallowed, "What should we do?"

"You go onto school, she'll probably turn up there." Daniel told her, "We'll let you know if anything changes."