𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕."

_______________________________

"I'll keep you safe,try hard to concentrate

try hard to concentrate.
Hold out your hand,
Can you feel the weight of it?"

I'll Keep You Safe - Sleeping At Last

_______________________________

XXXVII.
\\ TRAPPED //

Not surprisingly, after Maddy told Jana the truth about the videos and pictures she had of us turning, Jana stormed off angrily. And me, not wanting Jana to do anything stupid or reckless, I volunteered to go after her while Maddy and Rhydian headed to the auditorium where the class debates were supposed to begin soon.

With any luck, I could find Jana, and convince her to take it easy and just head on to the debates. However, I was not holding my hopes up on that.

I followed Jana's fresh scent through the hallways of the school, leading me towards the other side of the school. Eventually, I followed her scent to the copy room and I could hear shouting coming from inside, letting me know I was definitely in the right place.

"You only befriend Wolfbloods to spy on us!"

"No! That's not true!"

Sighing to myself, I walked up to the copy room door and opened it, finding Jana and Shannon inside. They only glanced over at me as I closed the door behind me before they started arguing again. I leaned against the table, just there so they could get it all out and make sure tempers don't get too high.

"Jana, I'd never do anything to hurt you!" Shannon exasperated.

But Jana growled back, "You're a liar and a traitor!"

Shannon looked over at me, looking for me to help her, "Aden..."

"You know where I stand on this, Shannon," I told her, "If you have this many people you care about upset with you about something you did, that should tell you something shouldn't it?"

Shannon said nothing, seeming to be reminded that none of us were on her side. This was an argument she would not win with us. How was it that she couldn't see that having those pictures and videos were dangerous? It didn't matter what her intentions were...the existence of that evidence could expose us all.

"Stay away from me," Jana warned Shannon, "I was stupid to ever trust you."

Shannon sighed, "Jana—"

"You're not a friend," Jana snapped, "You're a predator!"

Jana turned around angrily, and went to leave, as I sighed, knowing that this definitely was a mess. I was hoping that maybe they could work it out but it was probably best Jana left and calmed herself down. However, when she pulled on the door handle, the door wouldn't open. I frowned as I watched Jana frantically pull at the door, but it appeared to be locked.