'I hope this ends quickly...' she thought. 'I really don't want to run into HIM... maybe I can get us to avoid the whole fiasco altogether...'

"Sokka's just jealous 'cuz he doesn't have an arrow," Aang said. Emilia giggled.

"I would like an arrow, but I'm not an airbender."

Aang smiled at Emilia's comment.

As Sokka was trying to get people to go along with his instinct (to which Lily agreed), Katara and him got into a bit of a discussion about who was the leader of the team. Sokka and Lily both thought Sokka should be the leader, but Katara was saying it should be Aang. Emilia did her best to stay out of the discussion, instead deciding to draw the scene.

"Who knows? Walking might be fun," Aang added once the decision was made.

"Trust me, Aang," Emilia warned. "It's not."

Later, when Aang made the remark that walking stinks, Katara was trying to make a point to Sokka that his instincts were ridiculous and nonsensical. Emilia offered to carry Aang's stuff for him, but he didn't hear her.

"Look, guys, I'm tired too. But the important thing is that we're safe from the-" The group then walked right into a Fire Nation camp.

"Fire Nation!" Lily yelled, drowning out the rest of what Sokka was saying.

"Run!" The group threw down their bags and ran. Sokka's shirt caught fire and Lily tried to put it out, but she failed to waterbend and Katara did it first.

"If you let us pass, we promise not to hurt you," Sokka declared.

"What are you doing?" Katara questioned.

"Bluffing..."

"You? Promise not to hurt us?" The soldier suddenly fell from being shot down with an arrow, as they soon realized when Katara spotted people in the trees. Emilia huddled close to the flames, hoping not to be seen. She failed.

Lily grabbed Emilia's hand and pulled her away from the flames... and then Emilia made eye contact with a certain someone as he pulled down two soldiers with his hook swords.

"Down you go."

As the people in the trees fought the soldiers, Emilia looked at Katara, who had a blush on her cheeks.

'You have GOT to be kidding me... why is this still canon?'

Emilia looked over to where Sokka was upon hearing his loud battle cry. Lily was there too, but then HE came around and took out the guy Sokka was about to hit.

"Hey! He was mine!"

"Gotta be quicker next time."

Lily glared at the stranger whereas Katara smiled, as Emilia noticed.

'Thank goodness I don't have two lovestruck girls to ruin the life of.'

However, Emilia noticed how sad Lily looked after she turned back to watching Aang and Katara fight with their bending.

The stranger then made an overly-exaggerated struggle (in Emilia's opinion) to not get stabbed and took out another one of Sokka's foes.

"Man!"

And then Emilia turned back to see Katara talk to him for the first time.

"Hi..." she said.

"Hey." Emilia wanted to wipe that smirk off his face so bad, but she knew she was sort of powerless in this situation.

"Army?! There were only, like, twenty guys!"

Emilia noticed Lily actually go to count the fallen soldiers, and as she did that, the stranger introduced himself as Jet... and he introduced his team, the Freedom Fighters.