Pilot: Justice Fallen

Izuku Midoriya had never been to the hospital before. Over his short life, he had been to the doctor's office for routine checkups and the odd needle but never to a real hospital. The needles; he didn't like it so much. As they had given him what his mother called the willies, though she never explained what they were, it was alright for Izuku. His mother would always be there to hold his hand and tell him he was a brave boy, as brave as All Might she would say. As brave as the greatest hero in the world. That certainly got his attention without a doubt. Izuku loved All Might, even now as he sat in the hallway with his mother at his side and wearing an All Might inspire hoodie he adored, with the words 'Go Beyond!' scribbled on his back in English. Even to the doctors who passed by all thought, it was adorable as he played with his toy of the Pro Hero. Swooping it around as if flying through the air, the figure's tiny blue cape flapping in the faint wind as it battled against his most recent Villains: the Villainous Seakozu and their vicious leader Emperor Poseidon.

 Swooping it around as if flying through the air, the figure's tiny blue cape flapping in the faint wind as it battled against his most recent Villains: the Villainous Seakozu and their vicious leader Emperor Poseidon

He playfully hummed the All Might theme song that played during a commercial he watched the other day. It went something like this. "Big Bad Guys! Big Bad Guys! Will, they hurt us? No, no, don't be afraid! Because All Might is here! Go beyond, Plus Ultra, All Might!"

He couldn't remember the rest of the song, only humming the melody with enjoyment. Inko, Izuku's mother, looked down at him with a smile that didn't tell the full truth. Farthest from the truth. Over a week ago after a routine visit to her husband's family doctor, they had told them that Izuku couldn't develop any Quirks like the other kids in his kindergarten class, most of whom had all started to show particularly impressive powers. But not Izuku, he was born Quirkless and as an unfortunate result was constantly bullied by the other kids. Especially that one boy: Katsuki Bakugo, a very cruel and sadistic child, tormented Izuku to no end, even giving him the nickname Deku as an insult. Inko wished her son would stand up, or at least, distance himself from Bakugo as much as he could; but she knew Izuku Midoriya had a heart of gold. willing to give Bakugo as many chances as it took to finally be accepted. Poor thing, she thought. He just didn't understand that his so-called "friend" had no intention of being his actual friend, only a human punching bag who will take all his abuse.

As Inko was making a mental note about calling Bakugo's mother so she could give a good scolding to her self-absorbed son, Izuku got tired of singing and looked at her. He tugged the shirt sleeve of her nice blue sweater.

"Mama, why are we here?" He asked looking up at her. "I'm tired."

"I know sweetie. but we have to be patient," she smiled at Izuku, wondering to herself why they were here in the first place.

Around last week; the same week they had found out about Izuku being Quirkless; the family doctor had called her out of the blue late one night. They talked for a little while before she asked about the nature of his call; he had explained to her that there was a solution for Izuku's inability to develop powers: an unorthodox way of proceeding. At first, Inko wasn't so sure about this proposed solution; even if it could give her son a Quirk of some kind. It had never been heard due to implications: for it might either kill him or Izuku would have his own Quirk. A power that he could call his own, finally being able to fit in with the kids. Inko was against it; with 1 out of 3 chances being a horrifying situation for her son, there was no way she would ever allow such a thing to happen. That is until she was told of who was meeting them at the hospital, and it certainly had raised her suspicions. The Doctor didn't go into any more details on the procedure, having only asked her to come to the hospital in Minato Ward. And now she was here sitting in a waiting room, her young son looking pretty tired by the way he yawned.