05

I figured I'd publish a couple extra chapters as a Merry Christmas to you! Enjoy!
●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Just because I can't enter the infirmary doesn't mean I can't see the wolf. I've been mapping out this place for years! I just need to see him!

"Where you off to sis?" Matty asks as we leave the training grounds.

"Nowhere." I smile as we walk back to the pack house.

"Yup. I'm toootally buying that." He laughs. "When you want to tell me about what ever you're scheming let me know."

"Will do." I tell him as we part ways. Matthias is my confidant. I tell him everything. He is my rock... but right now I don't even know what I'm thinking or why I'm doing this.

Once inside I find my way to the appropriate vent and slide in. If I stay in the vent I don't have to enter the infirmary and I can see him. As I get to the vent I can't even bring my hand to touch it. Stupid Alpha command!

I look down into the room and see the doctor rushing about. I move to the next vent and see the wolf. For as scary as my Dad said he was he looks beautiful. All I want is to do is hug him. He is sweating and thrashing around. They have him strapped to the bed. The doctor is trying to inject something into him but has to use the IV. Eventually the man calms down but continues to whimper.

I watch him for a while amazed by the man. I don't know what it is about him but I can't seem to leave him. I feel my wolf whimpering as we watch him but she wont speak.

"Meme, dinner." Matthias links me and I sigh. With one last look at the wolf I make my way out of the vents and to the dining hall.

"Soooo... where have you been all day little sister?" Matty asks as I sit next to him.

"Just sneaking around causing mischief. You know the usual." I laugh.

"Still not ready to spill? Fine... I guess I'm not your bestie any more. My baby sister abandons me. I'm hurt Meme." He says holding his chest as if I'd stabbed him.

"What ever Matty!" I say as we begin to eat and he just laughs.

"So Dad what's with the crazed druggie wolf?" Atticus asks.

"He needs to detox then he'll go to the cells until I decide what to do with him." Dad says.

"Alic, not at the dinner table." Mom scolds him.

"None of you should have contact with him. Don't worry about it." Dad says as his eyes drift from Atticus to me.

"Hey you commanded me I couldn't go to the infirmary if I wanted to." I say holding my hands up in surrender. He nods and we continue to eat.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It's been over a week. Bane is due back today and the mystery wolf is still tied up in the infirmary. I've heard him scream but it seems like they keep drugging him to knock him out. I am amazed by the wolf and find myself in the vents watching him as often as I can. He smells amazing now that the drugs seem to have been washed out of him. I get antsy at the thought of him. My wolf keeps pushing me to go to him.

"What is wrong with you!? We can't see him today Bane is coming back." I tell her and she growls.

"Bane is not mate!" She growls.

"We don't have a mate yet!" I respond.

"I think the mystery wolf is mate... his wolf won't talk to me so I'm not positive but you need to break it off with Bane. I won't let you hurt mate." My wolf tells me.

My mate... it makes sense. I am so drawn to him. This is gonna kill Bane.

"Hello beautiful." Bane says wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Hi Bane." I mumble breaking his hold.

"What's wrong Emily?" He asks me.

"Let's take a walk." I say and we begin weaving through the halls. I don't know where I'm going I just think its better to talk while we walk.

"What's going on, Meme?" He asks as we walk.

"My dad got attacked in California." I state.

"I know... I heard he caught one of them." Bane adds and I nod.

"He did." I agree.

"What does this have to do with anything?" He asks.

"I... we should stop this... we aren't mates and as much as I like you my wolf won't let me stay with you." I say quickly. Just rip off the Band-Aid right?

"You found your mate." He says.

"Maybe." I respond.

"You did. It's the only reason for the sudden change... I'm happy for you Emily you deserve to be happy." He smiles a sad smile.

"So do you Bane... I don't know for sure if he's my mate yet tho." I tell him.

"He's in the infirmary right now isn't he?" Bane asks and my jaw drops.

"How did you..."

"We've circled it three times now." He cuts me off. I hadn't realized that. I stop and turn to face him.

"I'm sorry Bane. I really like you but there's just this pull." I try to explain. My eyes drop to my feet this is just so hard. I don't want to hurt him but I don't feel for him in the same way I used to.

"Hey hey hey." He says lifting my chin to look at him. "I knew this could happen and I'm not going to let you dump your mate for me. You should get to know him. He was made for you. I'll find someone amazing. Someone who doesn't have a mate. It's okay Emily." He smiles as he wraps me in a hug. I hold tight to him. This may be the last time I see him so I'm gonna soak it all in.

Suddenly a growl rips through the hall and I turn to see him. My mystery wolf and he charges at me.