18

"Welcome! Carter, Desmond come in." I greet them as I open the door.

"Thank you for having us Emily." Carter says.

"Emmlee!" Little Desmond yells as he gives me a hug. "I gots a new stuffie! Well it not new Kayla gives it to me but look it cool!"

"Cool buddy. Why don't we play with it in the living room while your daddy and Ash chat?" I ask knowing Asher gets along better with Connor than I do.

"Yea!" The boy yells and runs off in the direction I pointed.

"Have fun boys." I smile and follow the child.

When I get to the living room Desmond is sitting on the couch playing with a stuffed penguin.

"So who is this Kayla that gave you such a nice stuffie?" I ask sitting next to the boy.

"She lives couple houses down. She nice girl. Saw daddy make me train. Gave me pin-gin make me feel better." He tells me as he bounces the stuffed bird.

"Your dad makes you train?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Yea... daddy says he wants spend time with me... he misses mommy I make him feel better... I no like it but I love daddy... don tell him I no like to train tho. It make him happy. He not happy lots." Desmond rambles. Such a sweet boy.

"I won't say anything... you know I'm gonna have a baby soon." I tell him and his eyes get big.

"A Baby?!" The pup squeals then runs to the kitchen. I hear him chatting with the guys about the baby.

"Gamma Asher says she will be my fwend!" Desmond yells as he comes back to me.

"The baby might not be a girl you know." I tell him.

"She is I knows it." The little boy nods, sure of his belief.

"Alright pup." I chuckle. "How about we get some dinner?"

°•°•°•°•°•°

"So I hear your Daddy's been training you. How's that going?" Asher asks as we eat. I guess that topic came up with them as well.

"Fine." The pup shrugs.

"Maybe I'll join you two some day. You might become my best warrior some day." He smiles at the boy who looks up wide eyed.

"Training with my son is private Ash. I'm sure you understand. He is still a pup after all." Carter denies the suggestion and Desmond looks back at his plate.

Carter seems odd. He always has... I don't know what it is about him.

"Maybe when you're a bit older then." Ash laughs it off.

"So how are the warriors coming?" I ask. Ash talks about his work preparing for the war and Carter is one of his best warriors so I figure that will encourage conversation.

"Good. More and more men are advancing out of quick shift training to combat training." Ash nods taking a bite.

"How about you Carter?" I ask.

"Good, like Ash said." He shrugs.

"It's been too long since we've seen each other Carter. You need to come around more." I tell Carter.

"Without Faith I kinda just like being with Dez. Sorry to have been so distant its just you were her friend..." he responds. I can't imagine loosing a mate. I miss Faith too but its different for him.

"I know but you still need people Carter. We're here for you." I tell him and he nods. Maybe with some friends he won't be so odd and distant. Plus Desmond could use some time not in training. The pup is only three.

"Thanks... I'll keep it in mind." Carter says not speaking again until dinner is over.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"So that was nice. I didn't even know you were friends with Carter until today. It's funny how things work out." Ash says as we work on the dishes.

"Yea... I was more friends with Faith. Carter gives me the creeps to be honest. I don't know why but he always has." I respond and Ash gives me a shocked look.

"But you seemed to like him. You were so nice." He says.

"I still want to look out for him but more for Desmond's sake. It's the least I can do for Faith." I shrug.

"Well I won't invite him over again without your say so... but honestly I think you're wrong. He's been the nicest guy to me and that kid loves him." He tells me. I can see that.

"It's just a feeling and I didn't say he was a bad guy and I know you said he is an excellent fighter... I can't explain it so let's drop it. Maybe it's just me missing my friend." I say and he nods.

"So when do you think this war will start? I mean its been a while with no attacks. Do you think they gave up? I mean they only have two guys from your group left what can they do?" I ask as we get ready for bed. It's been bugging me for a while. When is this going to happen? We've been training for months.

"No way they give up... I don't know when they will come but we will be ready." He says holding me close.

°•°•°•°•°•

I wanna thank IAmLadyX for liking and commenting so much. Best reader ever!

Anyway carry on with the story!...