𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧|𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

"you are an actual angel," Tessa said as Manon spun around in her shining green dress encrusted with gold detailing and emerald gems. her mask almost mimicking a butterfly also beautifully decorated with the gems.

Tessa didn't know but we were all staring at her in awe, her bronze dress perfectly exemplifying her beauty, Tessa was never really one to feel herself but now she definitely did. her mask was black however around the edges and across were vines of gold.

Nikki stood quietly, very obnoxiously nervous, she loved parties, however this was different, there was someone special. her dress was yellow, the shade of a summers day of picnicking and love, her white silk gloves made her look like a princess. her mask was decorated with a light lace and had small gems implanted across.

then there was me. "Blair, you are a goddess," Manon smiled.
my dress was a baby blue, as the dress neared to the bottom lace flowers appeared. it was large and flowed in the breeze. my mask was silver with a blue hue, it had silver gems detailing the exterior and intricate patterns across.

"there better be enough champagne down there. i need to drown these nerves out" Nikki said shaking her hands.
"do you think she will come?" Tessa asked making us all nod. "i know she'll come for you," Manon smiled taking her hand while i took Nikki's. we walked down the large staircase hand in hand to find the ballroom already full of people in extravagant outfits. upon our entrance all heads turned our way. Nikki squeezed my hand tighter. "we have got this," Manon said with her sweet smile.
"we do," i added before we finally got to the floor. we made our way to the table and each eagerly took glasses of champagne. "let's make this ball our bitch," was all Tessa said before walking off into the crowd, two glasses of champagne in hand.

the girls had each separated however i kept my eye out for them making sure they were safe. i resided over near the table still engulfing my nerves in the alcohol. a tall boy walked in my direction and held their hand for me, i nodded and took it. i admired his dark suit with accents of lavender. his mask dark and mysterious, that's the impression i got from him. we danced in perfect harmony, my girls around me with other partners.
Nikki danced with a girl in a lilac dress and seemed to be beaming. Tessa sat at the corner of a room in deep conversation with a person in a dark dress, i couldn't make out a colour. then there was Manon, her dance partner wore a white flower in his suit, i knew that flower.

"care to drink?" the mysterious boy whispered in my ear, i knew that voice, i just couldn't place it, the whisper making it hard to tell. i nodded and took his hand, we drank side my side engaging in conversation however only in whisper to keep the secret. "i like your dress, mon amour," he whispered running a hand down my bare arm. "thank you," i smiled.
"i like the lavender colour, it suits you," i whispered back, he chuckled lightly,
"yet you don't even know who i am," he said, i shook my head. "i know you,
i know that voice, however i can't place it, anyway, it would ruin the mystery wouldn't it," i said making him nod.
"i like it, the mystery, it's almost like anything could happen, and no a soul would know who," he said leaning against the wall. my eyes wondered to Jo, her hand was intertwined with the mystery woman, the two extremely close.
Nikki's head rested upon the girl in the pink dresses shoulder, the two tracing shapes on each others hands.
Manon and her 'mystery man' were no where to be seen. "i like it too," i finally replied. this is when he took my hand and pulled me to the hallway of the home, it was quiet. not a soul in sight apart from this mysterious boy.

i could see how we were both slightly affected by our indulgence in the alcohol, however not to much to be uncontrollable. "liquid courage," he said out of no where, "alcohol, that's what they call it," he added. "i can see why," i said back. he placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled down to me. "blue is your colour," he whispered, i gulped.
"you don't even know who i am," i chuckled quietly. "i have my suspicions," he smiled. i knew that smile, i could tell apart that smile in a room of a million.
"how about we test your judgement?" i said, he almost froze for a second.
"masks on," i said cheekily. he smiled before pushing my back against the pillar and connecting our lips.
we moved in sync, his hands holding me tightly, i felt him smile against my lips.
we both pulled our masks off however our eyes still continued to be closed and our kiss deepened. once we finally pulled away i looked up at the boys curly messy hair, i knew it was him.
"i knew it was you mon bourdon (my bumble bee)," he said with a sweet smile.
"my mon nounours (my teddy bear)," i whispered before pulling him into my arms.

we walked back into the ball hand in hand with our masks now back on giving each other smiles. that's when i saw in the corner Manon and Enzo smiling at each other, their masks gone, but their love prominent. she held his hand tightly. she looked at him like he was the answer, the answer to it all. he raised her hand to his lips and kissed it softly. "be mine?" he whispered. she blushed. "always," she said softly before noticing my presence and smiling. i walked away proudly.
she was in love.

the next thing i knew i was pulled by the arm and turned to face a girl in a bronze dress. Tessa. "i did it, i did it Blair, i told her," she said pulling me from Laurie. she was full of excitement.
"i told her i love her Blair," she whispered with a smile. "and she loves me," she finally added. "she loves me," she repeated twiddling her thumbs.
"i do," i suddenly heard from above, i looked from my sitting position to see Jo standing proudly. "i really do," she said taking Tessa's hand in her own.
"dance with me," she said before pulling her away.

there i was. sat down trying to take in all of the things i had just witnessed.
Teddy kissed me and i loved it, Enzo and Manon are together, and Jo and Tessa are in love. just as my mind settled i saw one last thing. a girl in a yellow dress pecked the lips of one in pink. i knew that yellow dress. yet the pink i did not.
Nikki just kissed someone? a girl? she then took the girls hand and spun. that's when i knew who it was, her blond hair gliding through the air. Amy March.