396: Thotta Sinungi

Episode 396: August 08, 2020

Author's Note 1:

Episode la KM illama nadantha aniyaayathukku ennala seyya mudinjadhu indha long-ish fun episode tag with ONLY KM (and Murugan Appa).

A big round of applause to everyone who read the pakkam pakkama monologue in the last chapter. This one is a light, frothy chapter to balance it out.

Kutti reminder that the heavy monologue in the last chapter didn't happen in PS, so no maatram between KM. Kindly get back into jolly Friday episode mood.

Imagine that this sequence starts early in the morning after Mullai and Kathir sleep together on the Paai (Friday night). Basically, PS home la paapa-hospital ranagalam appo PM home la nadandha kudhoogalam.

Polaam Righttt!

-----------------------

Kathir looks up at Mullai from his chair as she moves confidently towards him. She tucks the end of her mundhaanai at her hip and looms over his face.

She looks down at him and sprinkles water on his face. He closes his eyes and feels a gentle movement against his beard. With her hot breath burning his eyes, she rubs a foam-filled brush over his cheeks, chin and upper lip.

Mullai drops the soap and brush next to Kathir and rubs her fingers gently on his beard. Her gentle motion gradually turns rough and his skin stings under the beard. She has his knees pressed between her legs and shows no sign of backing off.

He tries to grab her hands, only to realise that his hands are tied behind the chair. She washes her hands in a mug of water and brings a blade close to him. He backs away as much as possible and she chuckles. Mullai gives an angelic smile and assures him:

"Padaathu Padaathu"

Kathir wakes up panting and looks around the empty room in panic. He settles down slowly and shakes his head in disbelief. Had he just? Did he really? She hadn't seen this, had she? He still had his beard, didn't he?

Realising that he should hurry if he hoped to get cold water from the well, Kathir steadies himself and leaves the room. He walks to the backyard to freshen up when he spots her. Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. Was he dreaming again? Had his mind tricks become advanced enough to will a dream into existence? What was she doing with a mug of water and scissors this early in the morning?

Murugan: Maapilla, enna angaye ninnutteenga? Vaanga, vandhu kathaada nillunga.

Finally registering the presence of his Mama on a chair in front of Mullai, Kathir steps into the crisp early morning breeze sweeping through the backyard. He watches with silent admiration and a disturbing sense of deja vu as she expertly uses a pair of scissors and a comb to cut Murugan's hair.

Murugan flushes in front of his son-in-law's studious gaze and rushes to fill the silence.

"Adhu... Onnum illa maapilla. Eppavume veetla irukkurappa Mulla thaan enakku mudi vetti viduva. Ippa vera mudi vetra kadaiyellam thorakkaama irukkavum, kaalailaye ukkandhuttom indha velaya paaka. (Pauses to think of something to add) Neenga kooda vaangalen maapilla, Mulla super ah mudi vetti viduva. Savaram kooda nalla seyva! (looks at Mullai) Koopudu Ma maapillaya... "