see you later

~time skip to the last phase of the exam~

"Next up! Gittarucker vs. Killua! Remember, you only have to win one match to pass!"

"Just looking at that guy gives me the creeps," Leorio muttered, "He's like a human pincushion."

"Creepy would be an understatement," you responded, "He's giving off super weird energy."

"I just wanna go up to him and give him a smack in the face," Leorio said, getting riled up, "He looks so damn punchable."

"Calm down, Leorio," Kurapika intervened, "Besides, it looks like he's taking out those so-called pins right now..."

~

No way. This has to be a joke.

Your heart sank.

So he's been here the whole time? I should've known, there was no way they would have allowed me and Killua to come here on our own...

~

"Kil," Illumi began, "You've become weak."

You watched as Killua stepped back. He had always been afraid of Illumi, but now he looked more terrified than ever.

"You've forgotten your training," he said as he walked closer to the boy, "Is that what it is? That's ok, I'll make sure you won't forget it."

That's right, Illumi uses those pins during assignments... they can control people somehow. Is he implying that he put one on Killua?

"No...no," Killua whispered, "No, stop it. I said stop. Stop, please. NO." he began to yell, grabbing at his head.

This isn't going to end pretty.

"You're wrong," Killua struggled, "You are wrong. Please, brother, stop it. I can't... It won't shut up. Make it stop brother!" he cried out.

"It won't hurt for much longer, Kils," Illumi said calmly, "You know I'm trying to protect you, so stop struggling so mu-"

"Take out the pin." you demanded.

You had dashed behind Illumi and drawn your katana, holding him hostage with your blade.

"You wretched girl," he laughed, "I've always hated you for your talent. But skill can never outweigh intelligence. You are a naive one, what makes you think I haven't put one on you?"

Your eyes widened.

"Y/N!" Killua yelled.

~

It was pitch black, you couldn't see a thing.

What happened? Where am I? This all happened so fast.

You could see the room where everyone was standing, barely able to hear their muffled voices.

"What the heck was that?" you heard Leorio call, "Get your hands off of her you pincushion freak! Y/N? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," a voice responded.

Was that me talking? I didn't say that though. Guys? Can they hear me?

It was as if you were watching your life play out on a TV screen. You could see and hear it but no matter what you did, no one could hear you.

"I just remembered something, that's all."

Illumi is going to pay for this. I'm stuck somewhere else! I'm not fine! I didn't say any of those things, that isn't me talking.