Dreams come true...

Chapter 3: Dreams come true

"Imagine you're someone who is carefree, and mature, living inside a cartoon studio. You were created to care and encourage a little childish friend, who adores you the most. You also meet a woman who is all heart and is kind to everyone around her. You get jealous when your friend began giving her all the attention, but you got used to it over time. And you believe your life is perfect...until you get brutally killed by your boss.

...However, you end up waking up right where you started, like it was all a dream. But things have changed. Your friend is now a horrifying beast who destroys everything in his path, and every worker has turned into monsters who try to kill you as well. Even the woman wants you dead to get your heart so she can be beautiful again. Yet, you can't be killed off. You just keep getting revived at the same spot you were killed. Or you can die, just over and over again.

But the worst part? You don't care. There's nothing inside you. You're now emotionless. Hollow. An empty shell of your former self. You just wander around, no memory of your past life. You're alive, yet dead inside. There's no hope...unless-"

"Oh, my head...Where am I?" Boris wakes up on what appears to be a wooden crate. "All I remember was some guy injecting with something before passing out." Then a metal boy comes in with a yellow T shirt and a red cap. He screamed. "Ahhhhh! Don't kill me!" Boris flinched. "Whoa! I'm not gonna hurt you pal!" The robot ran in terror. Boris followed the bot.

Meanwhile...
I finally find myself back in the arena, surrounded by ink and metal body-like parts near me. I then looked at my gloves, now covered in oil.My hands shook with grief. It felt like blood. Human blood. I stood there, paralyzed by shock. "What have I done...?" I didn't know I could cause too much harm to others...

Cue to someone turning off the lights. I couldn't see anything. That's when someone whispered: "Bendy...Bendy..." I looked around. I heard metallic footsteps coming from the darkness. Someone was here, and he seemed to know a lot about me. Could it be another enemy? An old friend? I just didn't know.

"Bendy..."

The lights came on, and cue to someone came up behind me and poking me in the back. "Bendy Devil Stein!"

"Ahhh!" I shout, tumbling down and hitting the ground. I almost scratched my cheek. I yanked myself up, and turned around. There, standing before me was a guy in a metal suit. Golly, he had so much metallic things all over him! Only his left hand was untouched by armor. "So, if it isn't the 'little devil darling'? I haven't seen you in a while, Bendy! You haven't changed a bit!" He poked me in the cheek.

"Wait...that voice...Charley?" I stared at my now robot suited friend. "No way! Ha ha ha! You kinda look funny in that purple suit!" Then I laughed. He growled. "Grrrr! Bendy I'm gonna kill you!" A spatula like blade came out of his right arm. "Ahhh!" I ran as Charley chased me with the blade in his grip.

I ran as utensils flew at me from every direction. I knew that whenever I'm chased by Charley, I'd always get away. But now, it was impossible to escape. He tracked me faster than 10 seconds! I was trying not to get butchered as Charley came at me with a butcher knife. Finally, I was cornered as Charley walked toward me, with the knife in his hands.

"Oh Bendy. For years, I've cowered under your feet, you menacingly stared at me, with your horrible smile," Charley explained. "Wha-?" I was confused. Why would he be scared of me? I've known him for years, and he didn't like me, yet he never was scared of me!
"But now...I can have my revenge! Thanks to this suit the Doctor gave me, I can finally wipe that smile off your idiot face! And no one will never hear from you again!"

He held the knife at my heart, ready to slice it open.

"Okay, first, why are you scared of me? And second, who's this 'Doctor' figure? Is he some kind of savior to you or what?"

Charley just shook his head and turned to me. "It doesn't matter! Now die!"

I closed my eyes, ready for the final blow. And yet nothing happened.

"What the-?"

Slowly, I opened one eye to see a familiar face. "I won't let you hurt my friend!"

Before I knew it, Boris pushed Charley to the ground. I ran up to him before hugging him with loving embrace. It was happy that my best bud was back. Boris smiled, patting me as I cried inky tears.

"Hey!"

We turned to see Charley slowly stood up, slightly damaged by the impact.

"Why are you still loyal to that guy after all he's done these 30 years?! He was possessed by an evil. abomination! He killed everyone! He's tortured and abused us for 3 decades! 3 decades I tell ya! And you still protect him? You idiot!"

Possessed? Abused? 3 decades? What the heck was Charley talking about?!

Boris stood up and shook his head.

"I don't care...he's back, and that's all that matters. He's freed now. He's our friend. He's our buddy. Even if he was possessed, I'd still protect him. That's what Henry would've done..."

"Henry? You mean Henry Stein? My creator?"

I had to know what was going on.

"What's going on? Was there an accident? Was there something that happened to me? I have ta know!"

It was silent for a long time.

Then Boris kneeled down and patted me. But his look was serious. "Bendy? Do...do you remember what happened those 30 years ago?"

I tried to remember, but the memories of those 3 decades was all faded.

I sadly shook my head.

Charley stood up. "Well, that's good, because you won't make the same mistake again!"

"Charley!"

Boris growled angrily, then calmed down. He turned to me, with that serious look again.

"Man...this is bad. If you can't remember, then...we won't know how to turn it off..."

"Turn what off?!"

But before my questions were answered, a huge rumbling echoed in the room, before a horrible screeching was heard.