23. Cutting Ties

From the beginning, you knew Katakuri had his doubts about you. And he has his reasons to do so. But just like before, you felt the need to prove yourself to him.

"Sorry for what I'm about to do-" you lament.

However, the apology wasn't directed towards Katakuri.

You headbutt Doflamingo's face with the back of your head, delivering a nasty crunch to his nose, hearing a surprised gasp from the flamingo. Taking advantage of the instant shock, you turn around and deliver a kick in the middle of Doflamingo's chest. Sending the large man flying a few meters back. As expected, the flamingo recovered in the snap of a finger, landing on his feet with a crouched pose, just staying there and holding a hand to his bloody nose.

"What's the meaning of this (y/n)?" Doflamingo growls.

You stood in front of Katakuri who's wide-eyed, still kneeling on the floor.

"We made an alliance, and I'm keeping my word." you defend.

Doflamigo went quiet until he started chuckling.

The sound vibrated through his chest, erupting into a laughing fit before turning into a burst of maniacal laughter. "Is that so?" he gave you an eerie smirk.

Doflamingo removed his hand from his nose, letting the blood freely flow to his mouth and leak on the collar of his shirt. "In that case, I'm glad you decided to come to play with us (y/n)~"

There was movement behind you. You didn't react on time and felt a fist collide with the side of your head, the force knocking you towards the left wall with a crack.

Oh right, the threads.

Katakuri shudders as he felt Doflamingo's influence take over him.

"This is a disgrace-" The sweet commander grids his teeth. At least when Katakuri fought with you it was honorable, but, this made him sick. "Careful, I have no control over myself," he warned you.

"You don't say?" you groan sarcastically, standing back to your feet.

You barely regain yourself by the time Katakuri raises a leg and crashes it down on you hard, but you stopped it midway with both hands. Struggling to keep it up. Even without his devil fruit, Katakuri is a strong man, stronger than you even. Sinking you into the floor at this point.

You escaped by creating a portal under your feet, closing it right before Katakuri's foot smashed your head in.

The scarf on your shoulders extended in your hands, gripping it tightly as you coat it in armament. Doflamingo sent Katakuri after you, but you transported ontop his shoulders securing the sweet commander's arms together.

If Doflamingo's puppet becomes useless then he'll release him.

In theory, it's a good idea, with your weapon of choice you've been able to hold down Katakuri's strength in previous fights, but what you failed to take into consideration is Doflamingo's devil fruit. He saw your intention from miles away, purposely letting you grow cocky when you tied Katakuri's hands together only for the blonde to rip your scarf's threads from the seams.

Well, fu-

You lost your balance on Katakuri's shoulders and fall back. The flamingo grew entertained at your desperate attempt to avoid getting hit. Gleefully enjoying himself as a spectator to the boxing ring he created for you. The sweet commander stayed quiet as Doflamingo forced him to box you. You imitate Katakuri's fighting stance, bending your knees and raising your fists, not to retaliate, but more enough to block his punches.