Wicked: To Hurt and Not Show.

Start from the beginning

"And you got me a sweatshirt from the Dept Store?" She demanded. "If that isn't favoritism, I don't know what is."

"Hey, you loved it. And you were too excited so I didn't have much time to think about what Samantha Davis needed, okay? You already have everything." I told her. "Where are you? We're gonna be late."

Sam laughed, that sweet little laugh of her that resonates through an entire street. "Relax, Mami, I'm almost there. Are you ready?"

"Wouldn't have asked you where you were if I wasn't." I sang in a high-pitched tone.

"Hey, speaking of which, do you know who I got for the exchange gift?" asked Sam.

I rolled my eyes. "Gunner. Sam, you've told me that a million times. I could only assume that you almost want this to happen."

"I don't." She defended, almost a little too defensive than it ought to be. "I just couldn't help laughing when I think about what I got him."

My interest spiked. I tried to guess in hopes of her shutting up. "Foot cream?"

"Dang! Why can't I ever surprise you?" she complained.

At her tone, I laughed, imagining her stomping her foot on the snow covered ground. "I bet he'd throw you half the field once he opens your gift. Didn't you get him something decent? It's Christmas, after all. The guy deserves something nice."

Sam scowled. "Something nice my ass. He's been giving hell to everyone for four years."

"You little devil."

"But since I know you're gonna be up on my ass because of this stupid prank, I got him an actual decent gift." she mumbled.

I chuckled. "I wasn't gonna rack on you about it... okay maybe. But that's real nice of you Sam. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, Aimee baby." She muttered, I could sense the slight tug of embarrassment in her tone. By the time I've packed myself and Sam an unintended set of sandwich, I heard a knock on the door. Running through the family room, I managed not to trip on something and I was scratch free when I reached the door.

Sam greeted me with a huge cheer of Advance Merry Christmas and a wide bear hug that knocked the air out of me for a minute. I told her she was exaggerating since we would be spending real Christmas Day together, and the days before and after it but she backfired the 'Don't spoil the mood.' retort on me. She helped me carry my stuffs, which was mainly two paper bags of gifts and in no time, we were fighting the cold air of the streets.

"I wish Adam was here." I muttered. "I miss him. It'd be so much fun with him here."

Sam sent me a sweet smile. "We all do. I just wish he's having the time of his life posing for photos and breathing the cold air of London."

"Speaking of which, what does the mighty family of Davis plans to do on Christmas break?" I asked.

Sam sighed, a white gust of air coming out from her lips. "Ah well, Britt's going to spend it with Ram backpacking around Europe. My parents, they want to spend it with me in Barbados..."

"What did you say?" I could feel the frown on my face.

She sighed and frowned and turned to face me. "I told them I wanted to spend it with you abroad."

I almost jumped in delight. Sam and I, the two of us, backpacking somewhere around the planet. It was something to look forward to. It's a little too hard not to be psyched by the idea.

My parents had asked me to come join them over the break in Santo Rini where they'd bought a place but I told them I was going to think about it. They have this thing with hot places since it could be very cold here. However during Christmas, they usually come home and we have a nice dinner, then having creme brulee and coconut pies made by my mother before the fireplace and they'd talk about their travel. I figured that the sudden change in tradition had something to do with the whole Damon thing. I wouldn't risk it either. There were too many memories that lives in that house to make more.