To Take The Out Or Not

Start from the beginning

"Hey stop doing that," he ordered uncurling my fingers and holding my hand in his, "listen maybe you and Caleb aren't meant to be."

Anger coursed through my body and my wolf howled in anger and pain at having someone even dare say that to us.

"Wait listen to me before you behead me Ariana!" He hissed silencing me before I could say anything.

"Ever since you've met this guy. He has not done anything but hurt you! He has rejected you, he caused you to move away from your family, he caused tension between you and this Jacob guy, he's hurt you one too many times with this Sarah chick, and his anger. Ariana I'm sorry but I hate seeing you with him. He isn't good for you and I know I am not a close relative and I may not know you as well as your sister or your father or your friends but I care for you. You are my family."

His chest rose and fell quickly as he tried to calm himself. I, on the other hand felt like I couldn't get a single breath in.

I was frozen in shock. As well as my wolf. We both knew he had hurt us plenty of times. But he was our mate. The moon goddess was never wrong.

But what about my father and my mother. Where had the moon goddess played in that?

"He's my mate..." I breathed out.

"But would you love him if he wasn't?"

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

"Mommy why are we leaving daddy's house? I thought we were going to stay?" Joey pouted as he hauled his backpack into the car.

Sighing I hoisted him onto his car seat making sure to securely tie him in before kissing his forehead.

"I missed our house, don't you? All your toys and games are there?" I smiled running my fingers through his hair that was beginning to curl.

Pursing his lips he shook his head.

"No mommy I like it here. So does Zoey! We have Auntie Quinn, Auntie Marina, Uncle Adrian, Maggie, Papa Jackson, and so many more friends. We love it here. We are coming back tomorrow right mommy?" He smiled up at me his face bright with joy.

"Yes baby we will." I smiled before nodding to one of the pack members to watch over him as I walked back in and walked over to where Zoey was sleeping.

"So you're leaving?" Jumping at the scare I turned and faced Adrian.

His arms were crossed and his eyes wouldn't meet my own.

I could tell he was hurt. The way he tucked into himself. But I couldn't tell anybody I had to get out of here.

"Only for tonight." I shrugged grabbing Zoey's bag of toys and putting it over my shoulder.

"Caleb isn't going to like this. You and the twins going off by yourself. It isn't safe."

"Caleb has been gone for three days, he has not once checked in with me about his well being. And we are not going alone Adrian. I am taking a group of pack members. They will stay the night with us and watch over the territory." I assured him. Walking over to him I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug.

"Tell him that wherever he is I'm sorry for the other night. We just want him back." Pulling back I have him a smile before walking around the large couch to grab my baby. Only for Adrian to step in and grab her.

"I'll carry her." Nodding I lead us back to the car where Joey was talking to one of the youngest pack guards. Both were talking fast with wild hand gestures and a shimmer in their eyes.