Roberto

Rant

  I just wanted to say something in regards to Ariana forgiving Caleb so quickly in the beginning. I have started to get messages and comments about how she should have moved on. Or made him work harder. And I agree 100% with those people. Now that I go back and read through my story some of what I wrote makes me cringe because its so unrealistic. But I was 16 and I had just started to write. I wanted something romantic and I have never been in a relationship where I have been cheated on or lied to. I didn't try and put myself in her situation. It was all a story in my head. And that was my mistake.

Once this story is over, I might rewrite it how I feel like she should have responded to what was thrown her way. I'm not sure yet. It might be a while and most of my lovely readers enjoy what I have written already.

But I am not going to change how Ariana is now. I didn't plan for her to be so forgiving and naive. But that's the way she came out. And I'm not going to change her. Because changing who she is and how she is will change the story completely.

I hope that those few readers who are disgusted and hate the way she is, overlook it. But if you can't then I'm sorry. And thank you for reading as much as you did. I am even thankful for the criticism. Because that's what helped me look back at my story and see how weird it was for her to welcome him back.

I know this might sound funny. But now at 18, I have seen and have been a part of real situations. Involving cheating. And now that I've seen how much cheating and lying affects somebody. I could never imagine welcoming back a guy who had hurt me. But give me a break with the hate messages.

I was young and I just wanted to write.

-Mari

(Sorry for my rant. Onward with the story!)

Chapter Twenty Nine

Ariana Belle

"You let him come?" I muttered staring wide eyed at Caleb.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Standing up he began to pace back and forth in front of my bed.

"He came without warning Ariana. Once he heard Marina was attacked he came. When I stopped him at the border ... I couldn't bring myself to reject his plea to pass."

"Why not." I interrupted sitting up. I frowned as Caleb's face paled. "Caleb.."

"All I could imagine was Zoey in another territory. Broken and bruised, with strangers. And the Alpha not letting me see my baby." He whispered. His eyes glazed over like if he was stuck in that imagine.

Wincing I stood up from the bed and walked over to him. Grabbing his hands I leaned over and kissed him softly. "I understand Cale. And that will never happen to our baby girl." I smiled reassuringly. Frowning he nodded.

"He wants to meet you. Its been three weeks Ariana. He can sense you every time you enter the house. And its tearing him apart." Shaking my head I walked away from him and began looking for my sandals.

No way was I going to speak to him. I wasn't ready. All I wanted to do was focus on Heath and now those damn Rogues. I wanted to deal with them. Eliminate the threats, tell Zoey about her daddy, focus on my sisters and fixing things with my mate.

Not meet the man who betrayed his bestfriend and slept with his wife.

What kind of man does that.

"Babe please listen." Caleb sighed wrapping his arms behind me. My body relaxed into his. Making my wolf pur in delight and comfort.

"It wasn't his fault." Scoffing I tried to unlatch his arms only to be held tighter. "He found his mate Ariana! And then he had no choice but to give her up to his bestfriend. He could have killed your father for her but he didn't. You have no idea how much that takes for an Alpha. I could never even imagine doing that Ariana." He said his voice shaking towards the end.