Tea Gardener (Yu-Gi-Oh)🍋

Actual question; who still plays Yu-Gi-Oh? I still have some old cards in a cupboard.

Within humanity's simplest pleasures soon followed it's greatest achievement, from simple card games to the final frontier.

KaibaCorp had gained a substantial foothold in the technology market with their card dueling system, and it was only natural for more advanced technologies to be developed.

KaibaCorp first set it's sights on mining, then international travel, and with no stopping in sight, space travel.

It was in KaibaCorp's latest technological marvel to design a space station, one that would orbit mars as a mining station, with dueling functionality of course.

But what is an interstellar mining operation without a moderately paid yet somewhat unprofessional workforce?

You were part of that workforce, and you filled out the unprofessional aspect in strides, so much so that you were banned from using mining equipment on your first day and were regulated to a rover driver.

Not to be outdone by being told no by your superiors, you often raced other miners on the surface of Mars, antics that amused the rest of the station but irritated your captain.

When you were not violating every safety guideline, you found yourself an additional hobby of dueling, often blowing whatever bonus you earned by the day on card packs in the station card shop.

It was in the card shop that you met a particularly beautiful woman from Human Resources, by the name of Tea Gardner.

Unable to allow such a mesmerizing women to elude you, you made conversation, which worked out favorably with an agreed date, and from there, a sweet relationship blossomed.

Following a disastrous mine collapse that you had roughly a quarter responsibility in causing, you returned to the station covered in dirt, oil, and missing a shoe.

Your captain quickly approached you and the rest of the crew.

Captain: W-what happened!?

You: Um...so...I may have...crashed the rover into the mine.

Captain: You what!?

Another worker stepped up.

Worker: That didn't cause the mine collapse sir, though it didn't help. The supports were put in wrong and gave way.

Captain: Who put the supports in then!?

You and the rest of the crew wasted no time in throwing someone under the bus.

You: Jimmy, the new guy.

Captain: That's it! I'm sending Jimmy back to earth! I knew I shouldn't have allowed someone with a philosophy degree on my team!

The captain looked at you.

Captain: And your lucky your the only person on our team with a rover license, otherwise you would be gone too!

A polite voice broke the chaos.

Tea: Um...is (Y/N) here?

The ruckus fell silent as Tea stepped forward, looking at you concerned.

You: Oh no...is he hurt?

The captain, who found Tea to be a shine of sunlight, quickly eased her concerns.

Captain: Oh, he's fine Tea, though his brains haven't improved any.

Tea: No surprise there.

You: Hey!