Triss Merigold (The Witcher)

The story of Bismarck Manor is one of tragedy and woe, one where the decadence and class of wealth came tumbling down into ruin.

The manor was owned by a wealthy trader, of handsome face and polite demeanor, though not without enemies within business.

The trader had dealt many cards, some leaving others bankrupt and starving, it was only a matter of time before such business decisions returned with vengeance to the trader.

On one eventful evening, where rain n and thunder looked over the imposing manor, a wronged business rival set fire to the manor, engulfing the dining room in a sea of flame with all the manor guests trapped inside.

The trader, who feared for the safety of his beloved friends, quickly broke open the dining room doors and freed them, only for himself to be engulfed in the flames as they erupted from the doorway.

The last sound the guests heard as the fire raged was the pained screams of the trader, fire cackling into the night as the flames died from the rain.

The next day, as the nearby villagers searched through the damaged manor, the trader was nowhere to be found, his fate seemingly sealed in the rubble.

Though the dining room was destroyed, the rest of the manor remained intact, and was left alone by the villagers to be a tomb for the once generous trader.

And ever since that day, it has never stopped raining at Bismarck Manor.

Years later, a wandering stranger, with red hair and a magical disposition, found the manor as she wandered aimlessly through the area, lost.

The stranger was one Triss Merigold, whom was on the run from the authorities of a far off kingdom.

Desperate for shelter and fearful of being captured, Triss entered the manor grounds, and approached the door cautiously, knocking the on the wood and heating an ominous rattle.

The door slowly opened, apparently of it's own accord, and Triss nervously entered the manor, finding it laden with cobwebs and dust, a shell of the splendor it once was.

Triss took off her raincoat and placed it on a nearby coatrack as the muffled thunder raged outside.

Then suddenly, a raspy voice rang out through the room.

You: Who are you, outsider? Why do you enter my home?

Triss looked up to see a well dressed man in a fine suit, overplayed by a long cape. The man's face was half covered in bandages, leaving only the left side of his handsome face visible, his hand were equally scarred, one untouched and another a shiny, engraved hook.

Triss: I...needed shelter...the rain outside is unbearable.

You looked out a nearby window.

You: Indeed it is. It hasn't stopped raining here for...some time.

Triss looked closer at the man and realized he held a walking cane, with the crest of a major trading company on it.

Triss: That crest...it's the crest of the Overseas Trading Company isn't it?

You: You know your sigils. Yes, I am...connected with the company.

Triss: How so?

You: As an investor.

Triss: Well, you're not short of money, the company practically owns most of the docks across the kingdoms.

You: I'm aware, as it's success does not elude me.

Triss: Look, I have to be honest with you, I'm a wanted person in the nearby kingdom. Their are very bad people looking for me who will surely kill me if I'm found. If you open your home to me for just a few days, I'll be forever in your debt.

You went silent, rubbing the bandages in your face in thought.

You: Very well. You may stay as long as needed. Some company may do me good.

Triss: Thank you so much, sir?

You: (Y/N) (L/N).

Triss was taken aback.

Triss: (Y/N) (L/N)? The (Y/N) (L/N)? The owner of the Overseas Trading Company?

You: I don't involve myself in my company, I often leave it to my lawyers and managers.

Triss: And...the story? The fire?

You: It was no story, my home...and my face are eternally scarred by fire. My hand only a cold steel of what was once a warm touch.

Triss stepped forward, surprising you as she was not fearful of your appearance.

Triss: I've seen worse, Lord (Y/N).

You both met each other's gaze as the storm outside raged, as if an unstoppable passion fueled it.

Timeskip, half a year later
You were waiting on the newly furnished dance room of your home, which was slowly returning to it's old appearance.

As you and Triss became closer, her affection began to show on you, you wearing your bandages less and finally getting to repairing your home, all was of it once was.

On this particular night, you promised to dance with Triss, as she always wanted to dance at a lord's manor, on the one condition that you not wear your bandages.

You lit candles all around the dance floor, giving it a golden glow, and hired a pianist to play as you both danced.

You were nervous of your burned face, as Triss had not seen it fully ever before, only catching glimpses.

You suddenly found your worries come to a head as Triss steeped down the nearby staircase, you turning to see her in an elegant green dress.

Triss: Lord (Y/N).

You: Lady Merigold.

You both bowed, as accustom for meeting those of high standard, and found Triss step forward as you remained in the shadows.

Triss: You promised, (Y/N).

You: I know...it's just...

You looked down at your hook hand.

Triss came closer, taking your remaining hand.

Triss: I don't care for the scars upon your face, or the hook on your hand. All I care for is the man beneath it all.

Triss pulled you into the candlelight, your scars laid bare to her as you closed your eyes in anticipation.

You then felt an unexpected weight in you, and opened your eyes to see Triss holding you.

Triss: You're so beautiful.

A single tear streamed down your cheek as Triss released you and lead you to the dance floor.

You went to take position with Triss, but hesitated once you realized you reached with your hook hand.

Not deterred, Triss places her hand into your hook, and you both proceeded to dance.

You both slowly danced in the warm candlelight, the gentle sounds of the piano easing you into each other.

You: I've never felt so much like me then when I'm with you...

Triss looked at you, her eyes glowing against the candles.

Triss: (Y/N)...

You both then slowly leaned into each other and kissed passionately, your insecurities now small compared to your love for Triss.

Hey guys!
If you want more X Reader goodness, then go check out my Sly Cooper Scenarios book "The New Guy", it's a project I'm very passionate about and I hope you guys like it! Please let me know what you think!