Prologue 1: Revelation

Hi. My name is Haruka. I am 11 years old and I just came back to Littleroot town from my adventure with my brother Masato and my friends Satoshi and Takeshi from the Kanto region. I decided to travel to the Johto region with Masato-kun to participate the contests there. But before I leave, I have planned to visit my hometown for a few days to prepare for my next journey. In fact, I have to meet up with an old friend of mine who had just returned to Hoenn from his travels.

I'm a really big fan of Brendan, the ace trainer. He is the Kanto Pokémon League Champion of the year and the new Hoenn Pokémon league champion years ago. He even captured the legendary Moltress! The fire phoenix of Kanto! He even used it in his battles in the league! He is also the one who defeated the Champion of Kanto region, the son of the famous professor Oak - Gary Oak!! His skills are flawless and I think he's so handsome and cool! But... he's such a mysterious person. He never really showed himself in the public although he is the famous to all people in Hoenn. No one had ever really talked to him in person before. He only battles with less words, more fight. That is Brendan.

"He's so late! I've been waiting for about half an hour here!" thought Haruka furiously.

The brown-haired girl wore a red and white blouse with a matching white skirt. Her yellow fanny pack hung slightly loose around her waist. She stood waiting for someone beside a Pokemon Mart in Lilycove City. Her sapphire-blue eyes tinkled in worry mixed with frustration.

A few minutes later, a boy with white spikey hair came running towards her in a rush. Droplets of sweat rolled down his forehead. He wore a bandanna that has a pokeball symbol on it. His attire consists of black shirt and jeans with red patterns.

"Oh, err... hi, Haruka-chan... Sorry I'm late..." he panted while wiping his forehead with a kerchief.

"Ryu-kun! Do you know how long I've been waiting?" she asked while crossing her arms.

"Uh..?"

Ryu-kun is my best friend in the world. He is also an ace trainer and he is 13 years old. We have been friends since we were in diapers. 2 years ago, he was the Hoenn league champion, but now all that fame and glory is taken away by Brendan...Before my journey with Satoshi and friends he had gone travelling. I thought I might never meet him again in a long time... However, he had returned to Hoenn the same time as Masato-kun and I were! What a coincidence! I'm really happy he's back but... somehow; these days...he's just always late for everything!

"Oh, never mind!" Haruka sighed with exasperation, "...but I won't forgive you so easily next time, OK?"

"Phew..." he sighed in relief." Thanks, Haruka-chan... I was just..."

Haruka was not listening and her eyes trailed to a local magazine sold inside the Pokemon Mart.

"Huh? Hey, Ryu-kun, look!" she squealed.

Ryu followed to see the magazine she was looking at.

"What's this? There's nothing special about this magazine..."

"Brendan's face is on the cover of this magazine! He never allows anyone to take his picture! He leaves quickly after every battle!" she explains. "And here it is; a good close-up photo of him! Oh, he's so handsome..." she said dreamily.

"Hmph," Ryu scoffed and murmured. "I know that I looked better than that..."

"C'mon, Ryu-kun! For your information, he won the last Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon League challenge! He even captured the legendary Moltress and defeated the Kanto league champion Gary Oak! You only won the Hoenn league last year, how can you beat that? How dare you made fun of my one and only idol! He is the man of my dreams, you know!" Haruka told him angrily.