He would've never thought that he would be in love when he had first initially moved to New York, but coming across a girl like Ariel, changed things drastically. She was the perfect new addition to his life, and felt that his relocation was actually meant to be.

August couldn't have asked for a better significant other than to call his own, he knew that what he had shared with Ariel was truly amazing. A strong emotional connection that could not be broken nor destroyed... She was his Adams rib.

Deciding to do something special for her, August quietly arose from the bed as he exits the room, making a few phone calls.

------

With the melody of Coffee by Miguel filling the apartment, Ariel awoke to the feel of August's soft lips on her neck, and a smile appeared upon her face as she slowly came out of her slumber

With the melody of Coffee by Miguel filling the apartment, Ariel awoke to the feel of August's soft lips on her neck, and a smile appeared upon her face as she slowly came out of her slumber. He placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Good mornin' beautiful." August smirked, sitting beside her on the edge of the bed.

Ariel rubbed her eyes trying to adjust her sight to the bright room as she yawned.

"Good morning babe," she greeted groggily. "How'd you sleep?"

"Ya' know I always sleep good when ya' by my side." He stated truthfully.

Since his father's death, the few times in the past that he'd tried sleeping next to someone, usually left him edgy and exhausted.

But with Ariel in his arms almost every morning, August always woke up feeling well rested and satisfied. There was something about her that eased him in a way he'd never thought possible.

And as stupid as it may have sounded, with her he'd actually felt safe from his demons. Small wonder that the results had always been a full night's sleep and the corresponding energy boost.

"How did'chu sleep?" He asked, staring into her tiring eyes while gently stroking her forehead with his thumb.

Ariel sat up cupping his face and kissed him. It was soft and passionate.

"Like a baby." She replied with a smile, placing another kiss on his soft lips. "How long were you up?"

"Long enough ta' do all of 'dis fa' ya'," he said, nodding his head at the bed causing her to look down.

Ariel immediately gasped in shock now realizing that she was laying in a bed of red rose petals, as a nicely put together tray of breakfast rested beside her.

Fresh cooked waffles smothered in strawberries and whipped cream were stacked high on a plate, along with a side of blueberries and multigrain avocado toast. A gorgeous bouquet of red tea roses were displayed in a small glass vase, and the sweet aroma from the hot cup of cappuccino filled her senses.