Awaken Only to Fall

Note:

A big shout out to EverNightForest (ON WATTPAD) they have helped me with the plot and everything a big and special thank you! I would not have been able to do this without them. They the best!

Chapter 2 Awaken Only to Fall

In the middle of a forest was a large tree not just any tree but a beautiful white tree its ivory bark had a silver blue glow that pulsed giving it a feeling of it being alive its large branches spread out with cyan colored leafs the fluttered with the wind small white-blacked tipped tailed birds chirped around the tree as they chirped and tweeted at each other and looking at the bottom of the tree at the newcomer. The sun shined from the sky its light reaching the bottom of the tree through its leafs where at its roots there was a young woman wearing a cream colored gown hair down flared around her with flowers of all colors red, blue, purple, white, pink grew around her like a bed sleeping peacefully.

AMARIS

Warmth and the gentle breeze of the wind followed by the soft yet musical birds chirping were the first feelings of awareness that she felt…was she dreaming? Was this the afterlife? No what is this?

It feels nice just to sleep forever…

Wait what happened in the car?

Where is the pain and blood?

Where is this!?

Eyes snapped open and blinked only to see a silver tree with blue leafs and birds. She slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes and looked around confused all she saw was a large tree in the middle of the woods and grass with flowers with various colors but they looked different they looked like something you would see in a ghibli studio or Kyoto animation it was beautiful so realistic and colorful full of life. She stood up and took a couple of steps forward a bit disoriented her mind felt hazy a little like a hangover but not quite. She looked around her there was nothing but trees and a deer with its fawn, a couple of squirrels and a crystal blue lake when her eyes spotted a narrow dark passage leading from the forest she made her way towards the passage as she got closer she noticed it was dark yet a white glow was coming from the center.

Where does this lead?

When she got to the entrance she could hear the wind as it breezed through making her hair sway and her gown flutter. She had a feeling she needed to go though and see the other side. She looked ahead then looked back. The ivory glowing tree gave a gentle silver blue pulse as if to encourage her to keep going. She took a shuddering breath looked ahead and took one step then two looked back again towards the tree only to give the same response as before. She swallowed nervously and continued on. Her footsteps made small pit pat sounds. The more she moved into the passage the narrow it got it got to the point where she had to walk sideway her back and front against the walls of a brown brick walls when she got to where the light was originating it was blinding she had to shut her eyes and push through one more step.

As soon as she stepped forward the light was not so blinding she opened her eyes.

What in the world? What is this place?

She thought as her eyes widen in front of her was a road with people walking but that’s not all there were humans and cartoons actual living toons! Real cartoons walking in a real world there were red and brown brick buildings and the grey sidewalks and stops signs. There were real humans and people like toons and then there were animals that walked on two legs and wore outfits there was one dog toon that wore a green sweater but no pants and a cute lamb toon wearing a pink dress and pink bow on the side she looked fluffy walking among humans. As Amaris walked by in a daze many people and toons looked at her some leaned in and whispered to each other and pointed at her most male humans stared with lust while some toons looked at her with heart shaped eyes and heart beating out of their chest…literally…..some female toons looked at her with envy and wonder while the female humans looked on with jealousy and anger one woman slapped the man that was walking with her.