chapter 4 THE RITUAL

Bonnie's POV

I walk into the clearing hand in hand with Clyde and the first thing I see is his father Bastian. Bastian hasn't liked me since the day me and Clyde started dating and I have no clue as to why. At this very moment when he should be happy that his mate has returned and his son is about to find his mate and shift for the first time, he should be very pleased but the look on his face tells me he is anything but happy. I just wish I knew what I did for him to hate me like he does, but I'm not going to dwell on that today. Today is mine and Clyde's day. Though I know we wont be able to stick to our plan, we wont be able to run before looking at each other not with our mothers here. We will both want to spend time with them I mean who knows when they will be gone again. I cant take the chance of not spending as much time with mine and Clyde's mom while we can. Looking around the clearing I see that every member of both packs are here. I set the clearing up beautifully with mine and Clyde's favorite colors. The tables at the edge of the clearing have alternating green and purple tablecloths on them and at the center of each table are roses that are the opposite color of the cloths covering the table. Its perfect if I do say so myself. The shine of the moon will fall perfectly on the center of the clearing where me and Clyde will be in just minutes.

I’m so nervous about shifting tonight I know it hurts the first time and I never wanted Clyde to see me as weak. The last female of my pack to shift said it was excruciating. What if I scream in pain and Clyde feels that’s a sign that I'm weak and rejects me (if I’m his mate that is). Clyde told me today while we were laying in our special hidden clearing that if I am not his mate that he will reject who ever it does happen to be. As bad as it may be to admit I will do the same though I will never tell anyone that. “Bonnie” I hear my dad yell for me “Its time”. Well here goes nothing as me and Clyde step into the center of the clearing I hear my dad start his speech.

Josephs POV (Bonnie’s father)

I watch proudly as Bonnie and Clyde walk into the clearing hand in hand. Today my baby takes over the pack. Its rare for any pack to have a female alpha but I know that my daughter will do an amazing job. Any ways I guess it time to start my speech since the full moon is about to begin I better make this quick. “Bonnie its time” I yell.

Speech......

First off I want to welcome the Red Moon pack to our territory. As you all know Bonnie and Clyde have been dating for awhile now and since they are both shifting for the first time we decided why not let them have this special moment together so before we get started I just want to say to Clyde that even though when you find your mate tonight it might not be Bonnie. I have been honored to have you at my daughters side for all these years. Not just while you two were dating but before too. You were there to let her lean on your shoulder when her mom disappeared even though I know you were hurting yourself cause your mom disappeared at the same time. So for that I thank you. You will be a great alpha and ally.

Now Bonnie, your my little girl, okay so your not so little anymore. I just want to say to you that you will be an amazing Luna someday. Since the day your mother disappeared you have stepped up here in our pack. You have cooked for all of us and taken care of everyone as a Luna should but today when you shift I want to hand the alpha position in this pack down to you. What you do with the pack when you find your mate is up to you if you decide you want to keep this pack and just combine packs with your mate I will stand behind you or even if you want to stay here and run this pack whatever you decide I will support you. I love you little one. With that said lets get this party started Bonnie, Clyde, will you step into the center of our circle.

AUTHORS NOTE

There it is guys another chapter in and im already working on the next one. im excited to meet their wolves for the first time... well hope you enjoy this is not edited i just wanted to get it uploaded for you right away