chapter 3 surprise before the ritual

CLYDE'S POV

Splitting away from Bonnie today so that she could go get ready was the hardest thing i had to do. I want her by my side as much as possible today just in case. We've made a pact for the ritual tonight. Once we shift we will look at no one, we will just run, we want to be alone when we find out if we are mates or not. Just then I'm pulled out of my thoughts as all the unmated wolves start to whistle. Turning around I'm greeted by the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. There walking towards me is my beautiful Bonnie, and she's dressed in a dress that I'm guessing she got with me in mind, since its purple and my favorite color. Its a shame that the dress will be ruined when she shifts. Just then i notice shes not alone, walking beside her is a woman i didn't expect to see... her mom Ailana one of the areas 3 missing Luna's. But wait if Ailana is back does that also mean my mother is here? As the approach me i place my fist over my heart and bow to Ailana, showing respect to the Luna we haven't seen since me and Bonnie were 10."Clyde" Ailana says, Stop being so formal and get over here and give me a hug or i wont tell you about your surprise. With that i step into the warm embrace of my mothers oldest friend. Though i wonder, if Ailana is back does that mean that my mother is here too? That's when i hear it, the unmistakable giggle i would know anywhere. I turn around with tears in my eyes and run to my mother wrapping my arms around her and lifting her off the ground. I can't believe she's actually here. Could the all the Luna's have returned? By the time that i release my mom Bonnie and Ailana have joined us and i can see the tears in everyone's eyes. There will be a lot to discuss after the ceremony. 'Bonnie" says my mother, come give me a hug I've so missed you and just like that my beautiful Bonnie is embraced by my mother like one of the family. But the rest of this reunion will have to wait we have about 5 minutes to get to the field that Bonnie has set up for the ritual. I grab Bonnie's hand and squeeze "Baby girl its time for the ritual we have to go". With that we walk away from our mothers hand in hand.

Bonnie's pov

I can't believe it i walked into my pack house and her smell hit me right away. My mother who i haven't seen since i was 10, was here. As i follow her scent I'm led to my room. Walking in to see my mother standing in the middle of my room tears running down her face. all i can think to do is run to her and sink into her embrace. I've missed my mothers arms around me. Its always made me feel better. The last thing i remember about my mother was the day she left. She told me she didn't know when she would be back but that she was leaving to keep me and my father safe. I wonder if she has seen my father yet? But i don't have time to really ponder that right now i have to get ready. "Mom" i say, i would love to talk but right now i have to get ready for the ritual i cant be late. I know sweat heart, says my mom, i just wanted to give you this dress for tonight. "Oh mom its beautiful and Clyde will love it" . Twenty minutes later walking outside with my mom i hear the whistles start as soon as i walk out. Most of my pack has never seen me in a dress. I've been one of the guys all my life. The moment that i catch Clyde's eye my heart stops, the love i see in his eyes as he looks at me melts my heart every time. I see the moment he realizes its my mother walking beside me because tears are already threatening to fall from his eyes. Our mothers were close friends and the year before they disappeared we spent a lot of time together and we both became close to the others mom. " Ailana" he says as he bows with his fist over his heart, showing his respect for my mother. The next thing i know he is embraced in my mothers arms in a big hug. The next thing i hear is a giggle that i haven't heard in forever Kariye is here. I watch Clyde turn and run to his mother wrapping her in his arms and lifting her in the air. The second he finally puts her down she looks to me and says "Bonnie,  come give me a hug I've so missed you, and with that i am wrapped in the arms of the woman that i loved like a second mother. I don't get to enjoy having the Luna's for long tho cause i feel Clyde grab my hand "Baby girl its time for the ritual we have to go". With one last look at our mothers me and Clyde head to the field that i set up for the ritual hand in hand.