Chapter 30 - Her decision

"Hey hey Ruhaani listen... Everything is going well... I ... I am sorry. You know what, you are right. I am one messed up, man. Please don't cry.... I can't see you like this." Saying so Sid slowly moved to console her.

" He is not my boyfriend.. He is not.. Please.. Please.. Help me.. I am Sorry... I.. I... please don't hurt me... I AM NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND... YOU hear me, I AM NOT. " Ruhi pulled her hair pushed Sid off her. She was not her. She was an emotional mess. Sid didn't know what was happening or why it was happening. the only thing he knew was seeing her like this hurt him, and he hurt him badly.

Ruhi vigorously kept searching her drawers, and once she found it, her eyes shone, but soon the bottle flipped off her hand, and the contents in it spilt all over.

Sid caught hold of the bottle. " Sleeping Tablets ! when did you start having... RUHANI, what the hell are you doing? You can't have all of these!" He rushed to her before she could swallow a hand full of tablets. He shook her to her senses. " What the heck was that.. ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF? " 

It worked those words brought her back to her senses. She realized what a sin she was gonna commit in her emotional state. She hugged him and cried. The tears that had waited way long to come out finally found its way down.

" Ruhani, when did you start having these and why ? Please ... I promise you I wouldn't judge, not even an ounce. Please let me in Ruhani... Please, " Sid pleaded with her with watery eyes.. He was frustrated, confused, and more over angry at himself for not having noticed this earlier. 

" Siddhu.. I... I have wronged many... I am a sinner. And all of this started on Di's wedding..."

The Past 

( reading chapter 16 would jog up your memory )

"Well, I don't know, still has to find answers for that..." she laughed at his confused face and left to pick the call.

However, before she could pick up, the call got cut. Ruhi noticed that it was an unknown number let it be and continued pondering over Sid's question... Has she really been in love, or let's just say Is she in one now?" Thoughts of Sid always brought smile to her, She felt like staying with him being his closest confide. It would be wrong of her to have thought she had never shipped them together because she did, a lot more than she gave credit for. She would  eventually slip out of it when practicality hit her.

 Could she ever be vulnerable in front of him? 

After all, she has seen what it did to her sister. 

The most pressing question was whether she would overcome this fear and let him in.

Thoughts over thoughts led Ruhi to dash into someone. Someone she vow to not have met today.

" Oh, I am extremely sorry. I didn't mean to do that," Ruhi quickly apologised as she snipped out of her self introspecting session.

" That is what it always has been. You never mean to do... but you would always end up doing it. Let me rephrase ruining things.. say, for example, MY LIFE" Seema spatted out acidly at her niece.

Ruhi winced at the site of her aunt here. She didn't know how longer this woman would hold it against her for something that she didn't have control over.

" Badi ma, I am sorry for this mess it was an accident. But ya, we all know you won't stop until you make every wrong thing my fault out there. Besides, I haven't I made myself clear at the hospital. You can't let things,  go fine by me, you can't accept me, very well just stay stuck up in the past. I don't want a scene at my sister's wedding and ruin things for her. So let's all put things at place starting with hmm... ya me leaving from here." Ruhi told her aunt having enough of her taunts.