𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒚

☆*:・𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒂☆*:・

𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟮𝟬𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟬

"You're just a worthless little waitress. Now go fetch me some iced tea, lady," hissed the boy with a demeaning look on his face, all while his friends snickered at his remark.

Celia looked down at him with an eyebrow raised, "Excuse you, mister. What did you just say?!"

"I said you're worthless. Now where's that iced tea? Chop. Chop."

She slammed the tray down and grabbed him by the collar, "Would you like to repeat what you said? Have you no manners, you little brat?!"

Two large hands pulled her back and there stood her manager, Garry giving her the dead eye to apologize. She looked back at him with an 'are you kidding me' look.

She sighed, "I'm sorry that you have no manners. And I'm sorry that the future generation that we're going to have to count on will have to be your disrespectful one,"

Garry gave her a stern look and she looked away, "I'll go clear out my locker." 

Celia stomped away from the scene with all eyes burning at the back of her head. She pushed the employee break room doors open and got an empty box and started clearing out her things from her locker.

Sighing as she dragged her feet out of the diner with her box of belongings in her arms. The familiar jingle of the bell on top of the door mocked her as she slowly walked out. The fight with those kids inside throwing her off-guard.

'Worthless.'

'Worthless.'

'Worthless.'

The word swirling around in her head over and over again until tears were gushing down her cheeks as she started on her walk home. Not paying attention as to where she was headed landed her knee-deep in trouble. As usual.

Loud gunshots rung in her ears as she looked up dumbfounded. Something stung her arm and the box fell out of her arms and she cried out in pain.

Large hands grabbed her waist and pulled her to the side.

"Sshh, don't scream. Are you stupid walking into the middle of a crossfire like this?!" A deep voice says softly.

"I- I got lost and I didn't real- realize-" Celia struggled to speak with those ocean eyes glaring into her soul.

"I'll make sure one of my men take you back home safely, okay?" He spoke in a hushed tone.

She nodded astounded by his voice. He adjusts his head and she found his crystal-blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight staring coldly into her own greenish-hazel ones. 

"Xavier."

Another deep voice spoke out and broke them from their trance. Celia coughed awkwardly and pulled away and walked behind the stranger. She snuck a peek from over shoulder to find him gone. She let out a sigh and realized one of Xavier's men was taking her home so she went and started walking beside him to guide the both of them to her place.

They walked for a while and finally got to the familiarity of her neighborhood and a part of her was relieved that he didn't pull her aside and stab her for witnessing a live shootout. They arrived at her house. Celia turned to look at him and smiled, "Thank you."

He simply nodded at her and waited for her to step inside. She unlocked the front door and closed it and rested her head against it and that's when she realized that she may have dropped her box of belongings when she got stung by something. She looked at her arm and saw the dried up blood surrounding the bullet graze wound. The burning sensation awakened now that she had acknowledged the gash.

She turned around and opened the door and took a peek outside to find the street empty. She groaned annoyed at herself. She locked the door and kicked her shoes off by the door. Her mom and her brother Arthur were sound asleep by now. Celia heard the chiming of the grandfather clock and she took a peep into the living room and it had just struck midnight.

She went into the kitchen and looked for a first aid kit. Relief flushed on her face as she pulled down the box and set it on the counter and attended to her wound.

Celia huffed as she slipped behind her cold covers. It had been an exhaustingly long day met with unnecessary problems. She picked up the book on her bedside table and tried to read, but her mind would travel elsewhere. Those particular ocean eyes held her captive, even in her own head.

Placing her book back and turning her lamp off, she decided to call it a night.

☆*:・𝒙𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓☆*:・

Xavier had his gun pointed at Florencio, the new man in power of Chicago's biggest mafia. He'd recently been passed down the position due to the previous leader's retirement. The leader whose name had been at the tip of his tongue but could never recall when necessary had finally passed down the position to his most successful and trustworthy member. The man whose gang Xavier's father had been involved in a feud with for years.

He aimed at Florencio but a tiny figure walked right in between blocking out his view. He lowered his gun swearing under his breath. Everyone's eyes fixated on the small silhouette. A gunshot was fired and Xavier swept in to pull the person to safety.

He yanked her by the arm and the box that was in her arms dropped driving more attention to their side. The woman's eyes widened as she took in shaky breaths, her arm covered in blood from the graze of a bullet.

"Sshh, don't scream. Are you stupid walking into the middle of a crossfire like this?!" Xavier exclaimed softly to Celia. A whirlpool of rage stirring within his soul but he managed to keep it at bay.

"I- I got lost and I didn't real- realize-" Celia babbled on trying to pick out the words for her senselessness.

"I'll make sure one of my men take you back home safely, okay?" Xavier interrupted her harshly.

The both of them stayed rooted in one spot trying to size each other up. Eyes speaking volumes although their lips stayed unmoving, parted and slightly gaped for the oxygen that seemed to have been lost in all the chaos.

"Xavier." Diego, one of Xavier's most trusted members called out to pull them out of their little world.

Xavier turned and him and Celia pulled away, stepping back into reality. Celia followed close behind Diego as Xavier watched her leave, her sweet perfume lingering in the air driving him crazy. His eyes fell on the box of her belongings spilled on the ground.

He collected her stuff and quickly scurried off to his gang, making a note to himself in his head to return it to Celia. Simply another reason to be in her presence again. Xavier noticed where his thoughts were headed and flicked the switch back to focusing on catching Florencio at his weak point, not realizing that soon she might be his little liability.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Okay, the planning of this story took a little longer than I'd hoped but here it is. A pretty short chapter, yes I'm aware. I'll try to add more content in the future ones. I'm going to commit to this book for sure, THIS TIME I MEAN IT.  Anyway, please vote and stay tuned for more :) mwaahhh.