𝐗𝐕𝐈. after the battle

𝐁𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅, bella fidgeted with with a heap of jewelry

𝐁𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅, bella fidgeted with with a heap of jewelry. she absentmindedly picked up a silver ring encrusted with diamonds and black gems.

she slipped it onto her thumb, thinking over everything that had happened in the past few days. she couldn't get her mind off the pirate who had made this all possible.

jack was like the ultimate wild card. there was never a dull moment when he was around. however, bella liked that about him — she had been searching for adventure her whole life.

but catching feelings wasn't quite the adventure she had planned on.

then, she noticed him standing somewhat nearby.

"you'll never run out of treasure again," bella said, wandering his way. he was sorting through a pile of crowns and tiaras.

"i can't live off gold alone," jack answered.

bella raised her eyebrows questioningly. "what's that supposed to mean?" she asked, hoping they were on the same page.

jack set down the crown in his hand and turned to face her. "a room full of jewels and silver, yet you're still the most valuable to me."

they were definitely on the same page. bella raised her eyes to meet jack's thoughtfully, and he slowly stepped closer to her. "never thought you'd be one for commitment, captain," she said in a hushed voice.

"neither did i."

and just like that, the two were embraced in a loving kiss that broke down any barrier that had still existed between their two worlds. they kissed, and neither of them could remember what life was like before that. it was as if a whole new world of galaxies opened up, as if the stars approved. for the first time, nothing had felt more right.

their love had caught fire.

jack's fingers wrapped around bella's waist, her hands grasping his neck. eventually, they pulled apart.

"you finally ready to turn pirate?" jack smiled, already knowing the answer.

"only with you." bella breathed. upon hearing this, jack pulled her into a hug, planting a kiss on her head.

then, taking her by the hand, he led her back to the pile of crowns he had been sifting through earlier. the two were happy.

after a few minutes of treasure gathering, jack and bella walked in the direction of will and elizabeth. however, bella pulled him back for a second to eavesdrop.

"we should return to the dauntless," they heard elizabeth say.

will nodded sadly. "your fiancé will be wanting to know you're safe," he replied.

elizabeth looked up at him, then turned and headed out of the cave.

jack glanced at bella disbelievingly.

"cut him some slack," she muttered sarcastically. "he's only missed every single cue with her."

jack chuckled then pulled her in will's direction.

"you know, if you were waiting for the opportune moment . . ." jack began, walking up to him.

"that was clearly it." bella finished.

"now, if you would be so kind, i'd be much obliged if you dropped us off at my ship." jack said. he kept bella's arm in his as they started towards the longboat.

* * *

the four rowed out of the cave. they reached the lagoon, and scanned the area.

the black pearl was nowhere to be seen.

bella realized that the crew had stolen the ship. she sighed.

"i'm sorry, jack," bella said softly. she reached her hand onto his, sharing in the heartbreak of losing the pearl yet again.

"they've done what's right by them," jack shook his head. "can't expect more than that."

a/n

a/n

so it finally happened huh

sorry this chapter is kinda short, but i wanted to get this scene right. also, just wanted to say thank you so much for 2K views! it's absolutely insane!

love, sarah