"Special Delivery" Vampire Cookie x Cotton Candy

Adjusting the bag strap around her shoulder, a young lady with long, curly, pastel pink hair sighed. She looked to the white dove in front that had turned to face her.

"We have.. Five more letters and three parcels left.."

She showed her pet a tired yet sweet smile which led to them rubbing their head against hers. She accepted the gesture and then took off her lavender hat, which the bird took as an invitation to rest on her head. The small pet nestled in her hair before cooing.

"Your welcome."

Once confirming her pet was comfortable she carefully placed back on her hat in a way so there was still a gap for fresh air to get in. She looked around the neighbourhood she was walking through, the houses were quite simple and dainty. The gardens out front were clearly loved and well-kept, as each of the flowers and bushes were as colourful as a child's drawing. Speaking of which;

"Wasn't one of the letters from a kid..?"

Flipping back the flap of the bag, she reached into the bag and took out a dainty, tan envelope. After reading the address she looked to the houses on her left, scanning each of the houses before finding the right one. She sped up to the rosy-pink mailbox corresponding to the house and opened it. She placed the letter into the container and closed it back up, puffing up her chest a bit as she counted another delivery.

She moved her shoulders in a clockwise rotation as she walked more down the street. Taking out a sheet of paper from inside of her pocket, she unfolded it to see where her next destination was. Taking out a pen she crossed off the street she was in and reread the next location. Sighing, she put back the pen and paper into her pockets and stretched her arms upwards.

"Three more places, next destination; Honeylane.."

She takes a deep breath before removing her hat from her head. Taking a pale envelope with a heart shaped wax seal from the inside, she threw the letter into the air which sprouted wings. Putting back on the mauve hat, she jumped up and grabbed the letter with one hand. She did a little twirl as she hovered over the ground and then she flew off to deliver the rest of her bags contents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bright flash of light had temporarily blinded her vision as she had trudged down the muddy path. The lashing rain had soaked her completely aside from the bag she had at her hip which thankfully was made with a hydrophobic material. She shivered as she took heavy steps towards where her last delivery was to be dropped off at. Her arms rubbed her shoulders as she watched puffs of warmth leave her mouth and disappear into the dark sky.

A sad chirp could be heard from inside the bag as a small beak poked out of it. The little avian turned to look at their owner. She looked down at them and smiled

"D-don't worry.. After t-this delivery we c-can get home a-and have a n-n-nice warm meal.. Maybe c-catch up on t-that show.. 'Feathery Friends-ships' right?"

The bag shifted as the dove moved around, she could feel them trying to rub their head against her.

"T-thanks.."

She looked forward and saw in the distance a silhouette an old mansion. Her face lit up at the sight as she got the energy to move quicker. As she approached the building the larger and larger it got. Examining the building, she deduced that it was where the last two parcels were to be delivered at. She approached the pathway that led up to the front door and let out a shaky breath.

The mansion must've been from the Victorian Era as the architecture was extremely similar to that time period. Looking at it, the more and more she got a heavy feeling in her heart. The front garden was littered with plants she had never seen before, the dark walls seemed to have dulled with age and there were a few small vines near the bottom growing upwards. The windows were dark and where there were curtains, those had covered the view to the inside.