"My Precious" Fire Spirit X Reader Oneshot

"Alright then! I'd say they would need about... 12 minutes to bake, right?"

You glance over to the cookbook to confirm your thought and it seems as though you were right. You grin and take off the apron. You run upstairs to change quickly, but not before putting a timer on the oven. Why were you in the kitchen? Baking cookies of course!

Today you and Fire Spirit were going somewhere that's apparently a 'big secret's whatever that might mean. He said to wear clothes that weren't dark since yous were going into the Dragon's Valley. So you instead wore a simple dress with a button-up cardigan, which you left open. You brushed your hair and left it be. You decided to wear a pair of shorts underneath the dress since the Dragon's Valley sometimes got windy, somehow...

You ran downstairs once you were done and got a plastic box to put the cookies in, for when they were done. You got a basket to put the box in since putting the cookies in the basket itself would contaminant them. The timer dinged and you put on the oven mitts. You take out the cookie tray and carefully place it onto the stove. You took off the mitts and quickly transfer the cookies from the tray into the box.

Once you finished moving them, you closed the box and placed it into the basket. You turned off the oven and ran over to the front door. You quickly scanned the shoe rack but you didnt find the sandals you were going to wear. You left the basket on the shoe rack and ran upstairs to quickly find them.

You searched for the footwear and found them. You quickly put them on, hearing the doorbell ring when you start to put on the second pair. You shoved your foot into place and ran downstairs, reaching the front door and quickly unlocking it. You grab the basket and smile at the one who was at the door. It was Fire Spirit.

Fire Spirit blinked multiple times as he tried to make sense of what happened. He shook his head and smiled. He reached out a hand and asked:

"Ready to go, my diamond?"

You smiled at the pet name he gave you and took his hand in yours. You stepped outside your house and locked the door behind you. The both of you start walking away as he led you to the Dragon's Valley. You both got away from the little village you lived in and then he picked you up.

"F-Fire Spirit! Put me down!" "We gotta get to the valley quickly, so we'll fly there, simple enough." "FIRE SPIRIT DON'T YOU DAR- SHIT!!"

He ignored your threat and took off anyways. You were gently held against his chest as he carried you bridal style. You put your basket on your lap and squeezed it tight. This is going to take a while...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took what felt like forever until you didn't feel the wind in your hair. You opened one eye and glanced around, yeah you were in the valley now. But where exactly? You felt him descend onto the ground before gently placing you onto it too. You use one arm to steady yourself as the other held onto the basket. You looked over to Fire Spirit, expecting him to tell you where were the both of you but he just placed finger to your lips.

"You'll get answers soon enough."

You huffed and moved your head away, as he chuckled at your reaction. He grabbed your free hand and started walking again, bringing you wherever he was heading to. You followed after him, catching up to him so he wasn't dragging you there. You looked around, hoping to find a clue on where you were heading to, but there was none.

"How long will it take to get there?" "I assure you, not that long, my stunning ruby."

Your face turned red at that new pet name. You just sighed and moved slightly closer to Fire Spirit, causing the other to squeeze your hand. You both just walked in a comfortable silence afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fire spirit suddenly stopped in his tracks and went behind you. He covered your eyes and before you could react, just gently whispered that it's just him.

"I just want it to be a surprise, that's all."

You calmed down afterwards, still a bit weary of where you two were going. It felt like hours until he told you to stop. He slowly unravelled your eyes and there you saw it. An oasis. It was odd, the valley fully of dragons, had such a small and yet gorgeous oasis right in it.

The flowers around the pool of water were vibrant and colourful, the water was crystal clear and the trees were bent in intricate designs that made them look like dragons, or at least serpents. Honestly, you see why this is where Firey wanted to go, though small, the place was gorgeous.

"Come on, the heat should be slightly overbearing right now, right?"  "Mmmhmmm, yeah.. I see why you wanted to come here-"  "That's not all.."

You were puzzled at that sentence. 'That's not all?' Then what else did he want to show you? You followed him into the oasis, sitting beside him underneath one of the trees. You opened your basket to take out the cookies so you both could enjoy them. You open the box and take one out for Fire Spirit, which he thanks you for and takes it. He takes a bite and his eyes widen.

"Are these chocolate chip?" "Yeah, like 'em?" "No.... I absolutely love these! Did you bake them yourself?" "Yeah.. Though they aren-" "They're amazing! You should be a baker with these cookies!"

The praise caused your face to turn red and you looked away, quietly nibbling on your cookie. Fire Spirit laughed at your reaction and you couldn't help but join in. Oh MT was his laugh contagious, it always had so much feeling behind it that just infected others. You both stopped after a while and you both just sat there, eating cookies til they all were gone. By then, the sky was dark and the stars were out. You got ready to leave when a hand grabbed yours.

"Please stay, I still haven't shown you the best part yet.."

He put on the puppy dog eyes and pouted. You stared at him for a couple of seconds and then sighed, sitting back down beside him, closer than before. He grinned and pulled you in for a brief hug. He let go and looked up into the sky.

"So what is it-" "Shhhh... It's gonna start soon!"

You looked up to the sky and then saw it. It was a meteor shower. The shooting stars flying by as you both gazed into the sky. The stars seemed to sparkle accordingly to the ones falling, them shining when one got near it. It was beautiful, and when you glanced over to Fire Spirit his eyes caught you off guard. He looked away when your eyes connected and so did you.

You felt an arm wrap around your waist as he pulled you in closer into him. He smiled at you as you looked at him in surprise.

"We should probably continue watching it. They don't happened often, y'know."

You just nodded as you shifted closer to him. You both sat there in silence as you watched the shower. You felt your eyes getting heavy as time went on, but you didnt want to miss the rare occurrence. You felt another arm wrapped around you as Fire Spirit pulled you into his chest.

"Firey...?" "C'mon I know you're tired. Don't worry, it's ending anyways. Just get your sleep, my golden queen."

You wanted to retort back at that sentence but all that came out was a yawn. You instead snuggled closer into Fire Spirit, loving the heat he radiated. He moved a hand to play with your hair as you slowly were swept away into your dreams. The last thing you heard before fully falling asleep was:

"I love you, my precious."