Slipping a finger under the strap of the book bag I carried on my shoulders, I lifted it, and glanced warily at the glossy, mini-red bag. "What is it?"

"Weapons."

I snorted under my breath. "Small weapons."

The corner of his mouth rose. "Yes. Even a mini-hand gun."

"A gun? Guns are illegal!" So illegal that people couldn't even get the chance to do the crime three times. If you had a gun it was an instant termination order.

He chuckled and smoothed a finger and thumb over his day old stubble. "Trespassing is illegal too."

"Yeah, but guns are--I mean--I don't think I've ever even seen one. How will I know how to use it? Will I have to use it? I'm not killing anyone!"

Lifting a finger, he effectively stopped my rant. "In your luggage there will be instructions."

"What luggage? I only have the one bag," I said, pulling on my book bag straps again.

He picked up the stack of papers and started shuffling through them again as he spoke. "This luggage has already been shipped. Two pieces contain clothes and other female necessities, the other three hold blue prints, background history, particularly weaknesses for every guard, and important inmates you need to befriend. An escape with the tools necessary to execute the plan will be in the piece of luggage that has a red-faced devil sticker."

"Escape? You think I'll have to escape? It's a school, not a prison. I mean, how bad could it be?"

Hayden set the papers down and formed a steeple with his hands. "Sit."

I rolled my eyes and bent down, carefully pulling the pseudo-makeup bag into my lap as I sat. I jiggled my knees, pretending to listen to Hayden as he droned on. If I told him I didn't care, would he yell at me? Did I care?

Not really.

The smacking sound of flesh against the desk jerked my attention from my thoughts.

"Tā mā de! Zhēn tā mā yàomìng. Zhù yì!" Hayden snapped.

I ignored the throbbing pain at my temples and resisted the urge to scowl at his swearing. "I am paying attention... sort of."

He scoffed and tapped his ring finger against the desktop. "I had hoped you would act more like the experienced martial artist you are and not the teenager."

"Tài zāogāo liǎo," I said with a shrug and stood up. "Let's call it a night then... I mean, after I see Harper."

"Sit. Now."

Plopping down harder than necessary, I folded my arms across my chest and scowled. "Fine. If this is so dangerous why send a teenager to do it anyway?"

His eyes narrowed. "Nice try. I've never seen anyone who can mimic body movements like you and you're trained. Your body is your best weapon," he paused and let his gaze slide down the front of my body, "in more ways than one."

You're not going to vomit. You're not!

"Plus, I'm poor. The rich always take advantage of the poor. What's the point of all that power if you can't use it to make someone's life miserable, right?" I said.

"Nonsense. You've put yourself in this position. Your poor status had nothing to do with it."

Whatever. "When can I see Harper?"

The groan he emitted was longer than it needed to be in my opinion. He was an overgrown drama king, and proving my observation true, he dropped his forehead into his thumb and pointer finger. "Once we finish here. Now, you'll be infiltrating a government run facility that detains and tortures people."