Chapter 18

A/N~~~~~~

I AM SUPER SORRY FOR THE EXTREMELY LATE UPDATE! I and going to try and post at lest one chapter every week for you guys. So...chapter 18:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~≈~~~≈~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up I felt warm breath on my neck and my back was pressed against something solid. I moved my head to look behind me and Alec was laying there sleeping. I smiled to myself at how sect he looked. And that was when my thoughts where disrupted by Brian in the hallway yelling.

"Get up!!! Everyone get up! We have to get a move on! Get out in the hallway right now!" Brian yelled.

Alec woke up with a start and heard every word. Me and him where outside the room in the hallway with everyone else. I rubbed my eyes and remembered what I was wearing. I looked down and realized I was wearing shorts and a sweatshirt.

"What the hell is your problem Brian?" Derek said coming out of his room with Rylee.

"We have to leave. I saw them not to far from here a couple of hours ago. Also, Lia's dad called the house yesterday night...it seems that one wolf from another pack has been captured by Mr.Scar and the rest of the Hunters. So get dressed and be ready to leave in fifteen minutes," Brian said walking down the hallway.

"It's way to early for him to be in this good of a mood," Scott said going back into his room.

Alec and I walked back into our room. It was a while before I spoke.

"Why can't we just fight Scar and the Hunters and get it over with? We have the numbers and the strength," I said sitting on the edge of the bed.

"We can't just very well ambush him. It's not about the numbers or the strength, it's the fact that we have a liability. Rylee is still human and the Hunters could use her against us," Alec said packing up what little stuff he had gotten out.

"Yeah I guess your right," I said and stood up to pack my things.

"Hey, we will get rid of him eventually. But you need to calm down," Alec said puling me into a hug and kissing my forehead.

He released me and I finished packing. When went downstairs to te living room afterwards to have all of our stuff loaded into the car. I saw Rylee sitting on the couch and went over to sit with her.

"Hey. Are you okay? You looked kinda sad," I said.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Its just I know I'm a liability now, and I don't want to hold you guys back. Maybe you should go without me?" Rylee said looking at me.

"We cant leave you even if we wanted to, which we don't. You will be part of the pack in a week. I cant lose you. Your my best friend," I said smiling at her.

That was when there was a knock at the door. Every head turned to look at it. The second knock came and Rylee and I got up off the couch and backed up. Brian walked towards the door to open it. When he got to the door it exploded. Pieces went flying everywhere and I hit the ground and covered my head. Hunters stormed in and began setting up red flashing dots all over the room. They where going to explode the place.

My ears where ringing and I didn't hear the person calling my name. It was the last person I thought I would ever see. It was Chase.

"Lia! Are you okay?" He asked me.

But before I could respond an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back. I looked back and it was Derek.

"Come one Lia. They're gonna blow this place. We don't have time to talk to the likes of him," Derek said while running and carrying me to the door that Alec was waiting by.

Chase had an evil smirk on his face and it hit me.

"You son of a-!" I started to yell but Derek interrupted me.

"Okayyy then! Now really isn't the best time to be cussing him out!" Derek said going out the door and into the yard out back.

Derek put me down and we ran to the trees. The house exploded halfway there and we dove to the ground. I covered my head and laid there until I was sure it was over. When I looked up there wasn't anything left of the house. A few pieces of the walls and doors were left but that was all. I stood up slowly like Alec and Derek and looked around to make sure we weren't being followed by the Hunters. When the coast looked clear we walked the rest of the way to the trees. I saw Brian and ran over to him.

"Oh my god are you okay!" I asked him touching a cut on his face.

He smiled at me, "Yes I'm fine. A little banged up but I'm fine."

I sighed and hugged him then faced Alec.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking up at him.

"I'm fine. Are you?" He asked me, but not because of the explosion but because of Chase.

I sighed and just looked at him. Alec understood and pulled me into a hug.

"I just never thought he would betray us like that," I said laying my head on his chest.

"Okay, we have to figure out where to go. Obviously my place is out of the question," Brian said sarcastically.

I didn't want to speak up but I knew I had to. I stepped out of Alec's embrace and looked at Brian.

"We need to take them on. The Elders don't interfere with the Hunter/ Werewolf relationship when we have a war because they want us to handle our own problems. Well we're not doing a very good job at that right now, because they are kicking our butts. I know most of you want to wait until Rylee shifts because of obvious reasons, and trust me I'm excited, but we cant just wait until they are right over us with a knife ready to kill us! We have to be prepared and we have to be ready and if we keep running they will always be one step behind us ready to attack us again like they did today!" I said looking at everyone as I spoke.

"You know she's right guys. We cant just wait for them to hand us our victory on a silver platter. Because most likely the platter will explode. Their one goal is to kill us and if we just wait for them they are going to do just that," Scott said starting to pace around.

"So what do we do? Because we have no where to stay and Rylee still has to shift," Brian said standing up.

None of us had the answer to that question. And I doubted anyone knew somewhere secret enough to stay. We tried that with the cabin and that didn't work out to well.

"One thing we need to do is become stronger. We cant fight the Hunters like this. We are stronger and more powerful together...we need backup," Alec said looking at Brian.

"I'm sure Jazz or Rose could arrange with some other packs to met us somewhere within the next 24 hours. Its just a matter of how long we have before the Hunters will attack again," Brian said standing up, wincing in the process.

"Well, we better get walking," Scott said.

"I'm not leaving my car," Derek said with his arms crossed over his chest as another explosion sounded and out car alarms went off.

Derek let out a heavy sigh and started walking with us to find somewhere to stay. Brian took out his phone and called someone. When he hung up twenty minutes later he spoke to us.

"Jazz said Felicity is two towns over so we can meet her there for somewhere to stay," He said walking a little faster.

This was slower than running but some people where injured and being in wolf form wouldn't help out situation much. So onward we walked...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So guys!!!! What did you think??? I know this update has been long overdue but I am giving it to you now:) Consider it your late Christmas present from me:)

~Leah<3