Chapter 10

*Beck?* I had to ask in my mind even though I knew it wasnt him.

8No...you know exactly who it is, Lia* He replied.

   Dont get me wrong, I like Alec, but I thought it would have been Beck. I looked over at Brian who had shifted back into his human form. All he did was stare.

  "Lia...," I heard Rylee say.

I looked over at her and she just offered me a small smile then nodded back to Alec.

  *Alec?* 

*Yeah..* He said breathing a sigh of relief.

  *I guess you are my mate* I said with a sorta dogish smile.

*Shift back* He told me softly.

  I did what he told me and when I looked up I was looking into Alec's eyes. I layed my forehead against his chest and he pulled me into a hug. I pulled back to look at him and I offered him a smile.

  "Welcome to the pack Lia," Brian said stepping up behind me.

~~Beck's POV~~

  When I saw her in her wolf form all I could think was how beautiful she looked. Then I got a good look at her. Her markings definately did not look like mine. I looked around the circle and then my stomach twisted into knots. I watched her look at Rylee and then Rylee pointed behind her. At first I thought she was pointing at me, but then I looked beside me. No. It's not possible. I felt my heart break in two. Alec, my best friend and brother, was my girlfriend's mate. Then I watched as Alec shifted back and all I wanted to do tear him apart. But what happened next is what made me stop. Lia shifted back and Alec enveloped her into a hug. A hug I should have given her to support her.

  "Welcome to the pack Lia," Brian told them.

I looked over at Derek and Rylee. Derek gave me a sypmathetic smile then he walked over to them to congradgulate them with a big smile. Rylee didnt even look at me...and neither did Lia.

  ~~Lia's POV~~

I didnt want to see Beck's face. I would have surely burst into tears. I turned around to a big hand on my shoulder. It was Derek with Rylee.

  "Congrats you two. We are totally going to celebrate when we're you know...not running away," Derek said smiling and he enveloped us into a big hug.

   "Alright everyone. Let's go back to the hotel. Hey Beck, I'm gonna ask you to switch rooms with Rylee and Derek," Brian yelled with a smile on his face.

   That's when I looked back at Beck. But I dont even know what emotions passed over my face, becuase I only looked at him quick enough to regester the hut on his face. I then realized Alec was talking to me.

  "Hey, are you okay?" He asked me with worry in his eyes.

I nodded," Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little bit tired is all."

  "Well then we better get you to bed," Alec said picking me up bridal style.

As soon as I was in his arms I let out a big yawn and rested my head on his shoulder. He carried me to the room and by the time he layed me down on the bed I was asleep.

 ~~Alec's POV~~

 I can't believe it. This beautiful person is mine. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. I absentmindly brushed her hair out of her face and she moved. I though I had woken her up but she just rolled over and ended up with her head on my chest. I waited a few minuets to put my arm around her to make sure she was asleep. I looked over at the other bed where Lia's friend Rylee currently layed. Derek was forced to sleep on the couch. I felt bad for the guy. But there really was one person I felt bad about and that was Beck. I know I had hurt him. He knew it hadnt been intentional. The fates choose your mate not you. But I know he still felt betrayed on the inside becuase I could see it written all over his face when he looked at her. He looked at her the same way I do now. With admaration, and a sense of protection and awe. I never thought that I would actually find my mate and yet here she was...sleeping right beside me. I looked over at the clock. It was two in the morning. I better get to sleep. I had a whole day with Lia and I wasnt going to miss is just becuase I was too tired. I shifted a little bit and closed my eyes and soon I was dreaming soundly.

 ~~Beck's POV~~

  I cant believe it. All this time I was positive Lia was my mate. Everyone was sure Lia was my mate! But that fact that she wasnt....that is something else entirely. I was contemplating going and talking to her, but it was two in the morning. She was probably asleep. So I opted not to obther her. If I ran into her tomorrow then I would talk to her, but I wont just drag her away to talk to me. Alec wont let her out of his sight, and that's something I respect him for. No im not entirely happy about the situation, but I dont hate Alec or Lia. They didnt choose this, the fates did. The term, 'Karma is a bitch', doesnt really fit this situation. So I really cant describe how this feels right now. I feel kinda empty though....thats the best way I can describe it at the moment.