xxiv. heavy hearts

Start from the beginning

"Why is that?" He asked lowly, a bit uncomfortable with showing his concern. Jimin sighed as they got a hold of their utensils.

"The bond has been affecting him greatly, Jeongguk. So please.." The demon cleared his throat and stared directly into his eyes. ".. go to him." He pleaded with glistening orbs.

Jeongguk's shoulders slumped, a sigh escaping past his lips. "... I will. Don't worry, Jimin." He let out, voice barely audible but it was there, the demons heard him clearly.

Jimin smiled gratefully at him and so did the others. "Thank you, Jeongguk." He said softly before turning his attention to his food. They all exchanged small smiles before eating in silence.

~

Jeongguk took long strides towards the garden. It was the first thing that came to his mind when he thought of the pink haired's whereabouts.

He could be wrong, Taehyung could be in the library but he knew the human's schedule. The pink haired goes to the garden first and then the library.

When he reached the garden, he exhaled with a small smile. Taehyung was there, looking so beautiful. God, it felt so good to see him after so long. Really, it was just a few days but Jeongguk felt like it was a year.

For some reason, a heavy feeling settled in his chest. One which he didn't like. It flooded his senses, this heavy feeling. Fuck, why was he nervous?

He shook his head, telling himself to get a grip and calm down. Eventually, he did. So with small steps, he walked towards Taehyung who was trimming away the withered leaves from the plants.

Jeongguk let out a shaky breath and cleared his throat. Taehyung's head snapped to his direction when he heard the sound.

A harsh tug was what he got when he noticed heavy bags under Taehyung's pretty bambi eyes. Another tug when he noticed the other's skinny frame. God, he lost so much weight. Was the affect that bad on him?

None of them said anything for a while. Jeongguk just stared while the pink haired kept looking at the ground. After a few moments, it was Taehyung who spoke first.

"What are you doing here?" He murmured lowly. His hoarse voice sent another tug to Jeongguk's heart, his chest suddenly feeling heavy. Though, he pushed that away and focused on the pink haired.

"Can we talk?" He said, voice suddenly sounding quiet. He was afraid to speak any louder. It was like if he raised his voice, Taehyung would literally break.

The pink haired finally lifted his head, his brows raised up. "Talk about what?" Taehyung said with a small scoff, his arms crossing in front of his chest.

Jeongguk clenched his jaw, not liking the way Taehyung talked to him. "Can you stop that?" He said, voice still soft, wanting to have a normal and calm conversation with Taehyung. He had to tell himself that it was best for the both of them so better stay calm.

"Stop what?!" Taehyung snapped at him, hands flying to his side. Jeongguk groaned, tired of his behaviour. "What?! Do you want me to apologize?! And then stay with you like a freaking side hoe?!" Taehyung yelled angrily at him.

That was it. Jeongguk had enough of his bratty behaviour. He was just trying to fix things, he didn't want a human disrespecting him. "What the fuck is your problem?! Can't you see that we need each other! Look at you, you're losing weight and I'm feeling weak. You need your energy back and I need my power back! I need you, you need me! We're weakening because of this stupid bond! So, stop being a brat and just stay with me! We don't even need to talk, just be there so that we can both get what we want! See, it's a fucking win-win!" He yelled loudly, a vein popping on his neck, his face growing red because of anger.

Taehyung clenched his fists, feeling tears pool on his eyes. "Is that what you want?" He asked, voice merely a whisper. He looked down, crystalline tears cascading down his cheeks, he couldn't hold them in any longer. "Well, I'm sorry for weakening your power. I-I'm sorry because I'm your stupid mate." He looked up, seeing Jeongguk freeze with widened eyes.

"But, no." He continued, watching as Jeongguk paled. "I don't want to stick with you! You know what? I fucking like you, okay?!" He yelled loudly, breath growing uneven. The wind blew loudly as Jeongguk froze, shocked at his words.

"I like you! I like you, you stupid demon! But you hurt me! You spend time by my side, making me feel important and loved." He paused, looking at Jeongguk with hurt filled eyes, tears blurring his vision. He was breathing heavily, but he didn't care. It was nice to let it out.

"But then you go and make out with Minthe! What am I? A fucking side hoe?! I'm not your toy to play with, Jeongguk! Stop messing with my feelings! You come up to me and say we need to talk and I actually thought you wanted to fix things for us. But no! You wanted to fix things for you! Right, it's only you who matters! Only your stupid powers, huh?! Of course I don't mean a single thing to you! You know what?! Go spend your time with that whore!" Taehyung exhaled loudly, oddly feeling better with all his feelings worded out. He sniffed, a sob raking his body as he turned his heel.

He weakly walked away, body feeling tired. It was as if the heavy weight was lifted off from his shoulder. He felt happy that he let his feelings out. But he felt absolutely terrified at Jeongguk's response. So chose the safe way; running away.

He was a coward and he knew that. He never fixed his problems. He only ran away from them. But no one cares, no one cares about him, so he could do whatever he wants.

Jeongguk stood there, frozen, rooted to the ground. There was a cold breeze surrounding him, choking him. For the first time in decades, he felt his eyes burn, a lone tear cascading down his cheek.

And with nothing but the flowers around him, he whispered to the wind, voice soft and full of regret. "I'm sorry."

~

a/n: question, am i good at writing sad/angsty scenes? be honest!