x. dinner of tension

Taehyung had settled inside his room the whole day. All he did was read a book, stare at the ceiling, question his life and cry because of the cruel fact that he was stuck in literal hell.

The poor little human really can't be blamed for crying all day. It was just so overwhelming. One day he was just chilling in his garden, watering plants and thinking about his childhood then the next thing he knew, he was trapped in hell.

Currently, the pink haired male stared at the ceiling with his arm over his forehead. His body was sprawled across his unmade elegant canopy bed. There were two knocks that resonated throughout his whole room.

He abruptly stood up and went to the door. Taehyung wondered who could be at his door. His delicate fingers wrapped around the door knob and he twisted it open. Behind the door revealed an unknown handsome smiling demon.

The pink haired male furrowed his brows adorably. "Who are you?" He questioned in a small voice, his head cocked to the side. He looked like a cute lost puppy. The demon before him grinned.

"My name's Kim Seokjin! I'm one of the Demons of the Gates, people worship me as the God of Hunger, Limos." He chirped excitedly, a friendly tone evident on his honey like voice. He was handsome, he had wide shoulders, small black horns that peaked from his ink blank hair and big black wings rested on his back.

Taehyung smiled at him. "How may I help you?" The human asked politely.

"I just wanted to ask you if you would like to join us for dinner? I cooked the dishes and I'm sure you would love it!" Jin beamed enthusiastically, it seemed he was great at cooking. The demon came at the perfect time, the cute little human was actually really hungry.

It was time for dinner and Taehyung wanted to get to know more of the demons. Although he feared that the demons aren't all like Jin and Jimin, he still wanted to make friends. If he was going to be trapped inside hades, then why not make a few friends.

Taehyung grinned at the friendly demon and nodded his head cutely. It seemed like everything he did was just so adorable.

The demon clapped his hands and stepped back. "Great! Come on, let's go to the dining room, they are so excited to meet you!" Jin smiled down on him. The two walked to the dining room in silence.

Taehyung's mind was suddenly consumed by thoughts. Who was Jin pertaining to when he said 'they'? Is Jeongguk going to be there? Is Minthe present as well? Oh god, the pink haired male despised that nymph.

"Jin? When you said 'they', who were you pertaining to?" He decided to voice out his thoughts. The demon slowed down his steps and glanced at him with a small smile.

"The Demons of the Gates are present. Of course, Jeongguk will be there as well. Oh and that leech Lalisa. I didn't invite her and I never intended to, but our king can be so stupid sometimes. Jeongguk brought her with him." The demon explained, he rolled his eyes as he mentioned Minthe.

It looked like Jin, Jimin and him shared the same burning hatred towards Minthe. The pink haired male already knew that this dinner wouldn't turn out great. He could already feel his blood boiling just at the mention of the nymph's name.

He also noticed that the demon addressed the king by his first name. Were the Demons of the Gates close to the king? Jeongguk hadn't even called him by his name that many times. It was just once when the devil did and god did Taehyung love it.

Taehyung just nodded his head, his lips kept in a firm line. He was starting to regret this decision. He wasn't even at the dining room yet. A sigh escaped his pink plump lips as they entered the dining room.

The pink haired male suddenly remembered his conversation with Jeongguk at this very room. His cheeks unknowingly turned pink as the devil's deep seductive voice rang throughout his mind.

"Remember this, Taehyung. You're mine and mine only, got it?"

But that feeling was immediately replaced with anger as soon as he saw Minthe sat on the devil's lap with her arms wrapped around the demon's neck.

The pink haired male unconsciously clenched his jaw as he sat down right beside the head chair where Jeongguk and his slut sat at.

To avoid looking at the disgusting sight of the king and Minthe together, the human looked around the table. His gaze scanned six demons sat around the table.

In front of him sat Jin. Right beside the said demon was Namjoon, the first demon he knew. Beside Namjoon was a demon with a bright smile that contrasted to his black horns and wings.

Beside the pink haired male was Jimin. A demon with a pale skin sat beside Jimin. And of course, Jeongguk and the stupid whore sat on the head chair.

"Let's introduce ourselves shall we?" The demon with a bright smile started, his hands clasped together. His aura was so light and friendly. His heart shaped smile was contagious, taehyung couldn't help but smile as well.

"Hi, my name's Jung Hoseok! I'm the God of Guilty Joys, Gaudia." He introduced himself so cheerfully that Taehyung felt the atmosphere lighten. It was as if the demon's bright smile and loud voice were enough to lighten the obvious tension around the dining table.

"My name's Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you." The pink haired male replied with a smile small. He bowed his head as a gesture of politeness. The demon smiled brightly at him. He knew he had already made a new friend.

"My name's Min Yoongi, God of Sleep, Hypnos." The demon beside Jimin let out with a deep calm voice. Taehyung smiled brightly at him, he thought that the demon needed at little bit of happiness. Perhaps Yoongi was in a bad mood.

Jin clapped his hands together, a bright smile on his face. "I believe you already know the rest of us. So let's start eating, shall we?" The rest of the table nodded their heads, it was obvious the demons of gates were excited to feast.

Perhaps Jin's cooking really was great. Taehyung couldn't wait to try it out. But he sighed as he knew, this was only the start of a disastrous night.

He wasn't oblivious of the stares from Jeongguk and Lalisa after all.

~

a/n: i'm sorry, i haven't updated in a while. please give me taekook book recommendations. i really really need inspiration! (preferably a completed book with excellent or good grammar, thank you!)